Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ultrex 3" stainless steel cat back for my SSV redline...........

DAZVFV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I could only deal with my Ultrex for a week.....shocka.

HOONZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Monaro, Vz Thunder
G'day guys,
I have just fitted a Ultrex exhaust about 4 weeks ago, and has now developed quite a bad rattle in the middle section mufflers, bit of fiberglass over the back of the car, Definitely the mufflers not hitting the body,

Car is a VZ thunder ute, anyone had similar issues? Cheers,

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Lol what a suprise. Cheap **** probably made in China, I don't know why people fail to understand the 'you pay for what you get' catch phrase.

ULTREX

Reaction score
Members Ride
WRX
Hi guys.. Thought it best to jump in here and add some factual information.
Yes the system is made in China for us.. Probably like the phone or computer you are on now. Made in China doesn't mean bad these days but it does mean we can provide the system at a very competitive price point.
It's not a $2500+ system.. It's a $1000 system that fits well, flows well and sounds good. Many customers would prefer to buy our exhaust and extractors for $2000 instead of just a cat back exhaust for $2500. It may not be for everyone - but whatever makes you happy.

We do always try to do the right thing by our customers. If a system has a problem we are always happy to try and sort it.. Hoonz above mentioned a rattle but don't think he ever contacted us so we could solve.

Cheers
Rob
Ultrex Performance

Andyyyp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
Just purchased my ultrex system from Rob. The system seems like its built very well and as he says its a good option for people on a budget.

Wanted to add a few issues where i got stuck during installation on my WM Caprice.
- the drivers side extractors are a very tight fit. I had to remove my dip stick and tube out of the sump by carefully twisting and wriggling it out.
- I also had to temporarily disconnect my steering rod by loosening a single bolt and prying the 'clamp' on the rod open.
- The exhaust tips are also slightly off when trying to mount them on the rubbers. Rob suggests to cut one prong off, however i managed to adjust the rubber mounts to get the tips in just the right position.

Re-installation of the dip stick requires a modification of the tube to bend through the new extractor holes. Be very careful not the bend the end of the dipstick as it is quite fragile. Ive heard ppl say to simply move the dipstick to one side....this did not seem even remotely possible.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Removing the dipstick tube and undoing the steering coupling is standard when fitting any extractors to the VE-VF.

Cut one prong off.......lol......good fitting tip right there for a quality product.

Andyyyp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
I couldn't find any info regarding removing the steering column so i thought i would add it here. As mentioned the prongs didnt need to be removed for my system...im sure it wouldnt affect performance or sound even if i did.

Also i forgot to add that this system sits about 1inch lower than the original system so you may have to lengthen your oxygen sensor cable/s. Ensure you have solder and heat shrink available for such a situation. Very happy with the system so far btw!!