Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ultrex 3" stainless steel cat back for my SSV redline...........

ULTREX

Reaction score
Members Ride
WRX
Thanks Andy for the update.
The dip stick tube needs to be inserted/positioned when the extractor is loose. Then tighten it up.
Yep on a statesman the hangers on the rear mufflers have been moved about 20mm from the the Ute position so we suggest the easiest way is to remove a prong from each muffler and bolt it up.
O2 wiring can be unclipped further up the engine bay and run more directly If required.

Whilst we could make statesman mufflers with the prongs moved 20mm, it would increase costs substantially, when it's easier and better value to cut off one prong and reweld if you feel the need.

Glad you are happy and thanks for sharing in what is an excellent value system.

Rob

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
i have put just the diff back mufflers on mine.
Happy with the results.
Its not too loud, but atleast at idle it sounds like a V8 now. I have a wagon and yet to experience any drone as such.
The muflers line up fine at the back and sit straight and central in the bumber.

Petrol26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Sportwagon
Looking at fitting a 3" Ultrex system to my VF2 SSV wagon. Can anyone tell me about the droning? How bad is it? There is no AFM on the VF2 so maybe it's not an issue? I will just lose the bimodal.

This is what Ultrex tell me.

"Hi.. Wagons do tend to drone.. But this system was developed on a wagon with afm... So it has the large anti drone chambers on the rear legs to mininise drone... And they make a huge difference..."

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Drone is part and parcel of the wagon. The noise resonates in the large rear cabin space which is why it's harder to eliminate drone in the wagon. You can minimise drone but you will generally never 100% get rid of it in a wagon.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Looking at fitting a 3" Ultrex system to my VF2 SSV wagon. Can anyone tell me about the droning? How bad is it? There is no AFM on the VF2 so maybe it's not an issue? I will just lose the bimodal.

This is what Ultrex tell me.

"Hi.. Wagons do tend to drone.. But this system was developed on a wagon with afm... So it has the large anti drone chambers on the rear legs to mininise drone... And they make a huge difference..."

mine got a bit after a while, must of carboned up over time.
Its not unbearable, but everyine is different....
Extractors have now pretty much eliminated any drone for me.
I have a VF wagon.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Old thread, last week i replaced the DPE 3inch mufflers to Ultrex 3" , im highly impressed with the build quality and in particular the Note. Slightly louder than DPE, my VE is cammed, my opinion is the ultrex mufflers put out a better sound, more they bed in,better they get, no drone.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Old thread, last week i replaced the DPE 3inch mufflers to Ultrex 3" , im highly impressed with the build quality and in particular the Note. Slightly louder than DPE, my VE is cammed, my opinion is the ultrex mufflers put out a better sound, more they bed in,better they get, no drone.
just curious mate did you replace the rear mufflers? Is the rest of the exhaust system dpe?

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Yes I have the full Diffilipo 3'' System, the rear diffillipo mufflers and on idle , with the cam, sounded puffy or tractor like....with the Ultrex its sounds a lot more meatier, and has a real bark... ive been at home and heard my missus driving it down the street from her work and it sounds fantastic, really smooth rich note, love it