Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Underbody Aero Panels

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
As Skylarking says; it’d be better, and no doubt about that. But in order to bother you’d primarily want to be happy with the knowledge that the car was better, rather than wanting to see any measurable change.
More specifically, in order to desire any mod, the person would have to feel that the mod would give them the thing they seek. Such a desire doesn’t have to be a based on real world facts as in many cases it’s usually emotion being the driver.

For example, some chase max power figures at the cost of on road drivability of their daily driver because it’s (initially) a desire for a dyno bragging rights that they seek. Later some catch some disease which impacts their brain and their perception of reality :p

Or in my case, I wanted Brembo brakes not because they would provide a performance boost but because I like the looks :p Considering how sedately I drive, the added running costs make no sense at all. And if I actually drove the car to make use of the performance of the Brembos, I’d be loosing my license in no time and may even spend some time in goal :rolleyes:

What drives someone’s actions is individual to that person but with road cars, if we are honest, it’s not logic but emotion that’s the big driver… Real facts simply take a back seat which is why I always chuckle when I see a new Ferrari stuck in traffic along with everyone else (and especially amusing if a fiat 500 is stuck in the traffic queue next to the Ferrari) :p

As for aero, it can be great and provide some huge performance improvements at speed. But I’d prefer if they made new cars in old 70 style boxy construction with upright pillars, windscreens and side glass. I’d prefer a car where a driver sight isn’t blocked and all corners of the car can be easily seem. I’m sure in normal city traffic such an old non aero boxy design would make 2/10’ths of fcuk all difference in fuel consumption given my average speed floats around 35kph… Yet in my modern car, with all its aids to stop me bumping and crashing into things, I’ve almost clobbered a few pedestrians and in a few cases I was shocked at whole cars hiding behind the A-pillar. Modern cars wi5h a crazy focus on aero (in the wrong way) can be scary…

A new car with a boxy design with a focus on underbody aero may be a good compromise. I wouldn’t need 100 gadgets to avoid parking dings, pedestrians and other objects while actually driving the car :p

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
My 67 Cadi is a big car which is so easy to park the top for corners are easy to see and nothing protruding past those pionts and cars don't hide behind a pillers . And no electronic aids , no electronics fullstop lol . Progress eh

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If you need to see how it's done, check out the 5th gen Z/28 Camaro.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
5th gen Z/28 Camaro underbody panel.
AIUI there is somne variation depending on where/when it was purchased.

1670681300963.png

1670681661418.png

1670681701839.png

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
AB75F39E-A282-4641-B672-518CC53625A3.jpeg

The plate for Adventra. Would not be hard to fabricate similar from thinner alloy for a regular Commodore.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Whether that has positive aero effect, with the swirly-holes etc, is a different issue …