Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
^^^^ added to bottom of first post.

Not very good pics. Dont have a camera anymore, only have a camera phone and wish to take more, just cant.

Also some daylight pics be great, but alas, lack of camera is a issue.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thought i add some pics i took of my crappy HTC camera phone. Love the phone, hate the camera.

Anyhoos. This is for the dark coloured car owners.

When i bought the car, it was badly oxidised. Bird crap, tar, grime marks, hazing etc. Cut and polish didnt fix it, nor did a good polish. So i went out and bought a few products;

Meguiars - Deep Crystal Car Paint Cleaner
Meguiars - Deep Crystal CARNAUBA wax

Already had bought
Turtle Wax Black Polish
Turtle Wax Quick Detail for Black Cars.

Already had a orbital polisher/waxer so decided to get to work. 3 hours later came up trumps.
First washed car, then shammy and dried. Then applied the Paint Cleaner onto the Orbital Polisher. Was surprised how much crap came off.
Then wiped the car down by hand to get the Paint Cleaner Off and applied the Wax via Polisher. Made light work it does.
Buffed it off via clean Polisher pad and presto.

Now that was about 2 months ago. If car gets dirty fromm this rain, i rinse it with water and dirt comes straight off.

On Sunday morning, i did a quick wash with Armoural Wash N Wax, shammy, and used the Quick Detailer, wipe on by hand and cloth and let dry and wipe off. All up takes 45mins including the wash and this is only the second time i had doen it in 2 months.

My previous car was Gun Metal Grey, and i hardly washed it as looked like it was clean, but this car also is easy to keep clean. Only takes a rinse a week to get it looking great and a rinse is only 5 mins.

Few pics of what it looks like in the sun from my shite camera phone

car8.jpg

car9.jpg

car10.jpg

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Mmmmmmmmm

LED Window switches turned up today which is installed already, hidden aerial turned up, and picked up my VHT Gold caliper paint which apparently is as rare as hens teeth.

Will prob be doing the calipera tonight if i can be bothered.

Was also gonna swap the front butt cushions around on front seats and also install Calais centre console bin light.

car14.jpg

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Im absolutely buggered. I dont know how you guys work on cars, take out engines etc.

This morning, painted calipers with VHT Gold. Fantastic results. Im so happy with the results.

Also raised the aerial to 5inches and disabled it from there. Its permanently that height and doesnt go up and down automatically. Im happy cos the aerial is so big. I didnt install the stealth antenna i got as too stuffed.

Worked on car for about 6 hours. Preparation for calipers and cleaning up took the longest and did alot of odds and ends, cleaning up garage etc. But im stuffed.

car15.jpg

car16.jpg

car17.jpg

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So Sunday was fun

Car fuel pump dies on major road during peak hour. Towed to my mechanics.

Apparently was a 6cyl pump in the car. So fuel connectors changed as well

Removed fuel tank, had one i bought refitted with genuine fuel pump from Holden

Changed power steering pump with one i supplied and had to get a pulley of course. Had a whirring noise

Changed a lead as was arcing as they ####ed it up by soaking water on it due to degreasing.

Car seems better. Less noise from pump of course.

Actually feels more powerful prob cos not starving for fuel.

Also got in the mail my LED strips to put in the boot and footwells

Sent from my HTC Liberty

7812ef5e-3238-a039.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Took apart my key fob shell, de-soldered the dodgy job i did before and installed the below battery with pre soldered terminals.

Fixed the key earth and put back together shell with bit of glue and presto.

Worked an absolute treat.
$(KGrHqNHJCUE9!M2DEVNBPYgLD607Q~~60_12.JPG

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Installed the LED in boot. Just one strip from left to right in same area normal boot light is. Basically running both normal boot light and LEDs

Photos dont do it justice

car18.jpg

car19.jpg

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Installed some of the strip LEDS into the dome lighting base to give is some extra punch.

The base has spots for 6 leds on either side of the normal light and 1 large strip across the width of the dome light base just in front of the screws.

Cut to size (can cut at every 3 LEDS), soldered,l drilled holes for the wires and connected to the interior light circuit underneath the base

So its actually on the same base as the normal light, just more LEDS added to the circuit and base, and because of that, i reduced the main halogen globe to 5 watts instead of 10watts so that drain on battery is minimal

Worked great and now rethiniing whether or not to do the footwells or not. Prob will still.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Installed my Genuine Holden VX Weathershields

Absolutely thrilled by them.

Had tried Supercheap Brand, didnt like them nor did they fit properly, looked into another brand and didnt like em.

Absolutely thrilled by these.

Not thrilled by my camera phone
Weather.jpg

weath1.jpg

weath2.jpg

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Decent pics of weathershields