Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniqe home for a V6

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
hey, just chucking in my 2c, but you ever look at a 1jz? 2.5 single turbo. you want somthing a bit different, maybe look there. awesome engine in a chaser, none of the crappy lag you get from a 2jz and still loads of top end power.

have to agree with Ari, i had a 2jz in a cressida.. was a cheap conversion, and parts were easy to get.. a cheap powerful engine nowdays

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Toyota Supra MKIV : Magazine Articles that shows you what it takes for power in a 1jz/2jz yes stock internals but the turbos as allways wont take over 14psi without the wheels dissappering down the exhaust and such much like skylines do :D you would want the stage 2 at least there prices round $10000 for 280-300rwkw

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
Here’s a lazy, jumbled update showing the braking system, which is all done now. It is a mish mash of parts from Holden, Mitsi, Toyota and Nissan, so I didn’t have any manufacturer bias there!! haha

Next job is to mount the battery box, run the basic wiring, then put the metal side panels on the chassis, refit the body, and by then I will have hopefully decided what the new engine will be… maybe a Toyota 7M-GTE even, nice smooth straight six with twice as many main bearings as a Buick!! Also makes 173KW @ 5PSI boost in stock tune, so it should respond well with good headgasket and big ass turbo ....probably be something totally different by tomorrow though LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
Stick to the V6 plan mate, headsup side by side TTV6 Altereds, thats drag racing man!

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stick to the V6 plan mate, headsup side by side TTV6 Altereds, thats drag racing man!

Naaah mate, the whole idea was to have a unique race car, so now I need to change things a little, and theirs is a featherweight moly job, mine is nearly twice the weight as it is plain steel, so it wouldn't even be close!!

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
How about ditching the hairdryers and going old school with a positive displacement supercharger like a 471 or 671, blower vs turbo

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
How about ditching the hairdryers and going old school with a positive displacement supercharger like a 471 or 671, blower vs turbo

I hear that, a 4/71 would look way cool sittin on top of the Buick. Trouble is though, it is the turbo rush that I love, and it is quite easy to make power with hairdryers. Doesn't matter what engine I use, it is guaranteed to be fed by at least 1 turbo.....I got offered a 5 litre V12 BMW engine today for bugger all, that would be fun!! Might be able to hang 4 turbo's on that LOL

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
dude! are you serious??? id be having that.

From what I have read about them, they have pretty stout internals too. I need to get some dimensions first though, to make sure it would fit okay.