Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniqe home for a V6

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
Well, the BMW idea was dropped suddenly as soon as I found out that they are an aluminium block, with treated bores, no sleeves. What that means is that when the bore wears, you throw the block away, or have 12 sleeve's put in....not going there!!!

I have snagged a nice deal on a V8 instead, so at this point it will be a twin turbo V8 ...... finally a noise I will enjoy LOL

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
which V8? .

I will be a pain and make it a guessing game, but here is a pic of it, and it is easy to see why I suddenly went off the little old Buick....it would cost mega bucks to make one half this strong LOL

This one has 6 bolt main caps, full mains stud girdle, forged steel crank, forged steel conrods, moly coated pistons ... 4 valves per cylinder, quad cams, all aluminium, and that is all factory standard and only a thousand bucks for the whole thing. I'm converted haha

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
what is it lexus or nissan vh45

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
what is it lexus or nissan vh45

Close enough mate, you win the chocolate fish LOL

Nissan VH41, just a destroked version of the 45. Crazy japs way overbuilt these limo engines!!! haha

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
Hope youve got a good ecu setup and some nice big injectors for them. Theyre alot more picky about running lean than the 3.8's are! :D

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Easy peasy stuff, ECU is no problem, I can get one already with a base tuneup in it, and I know where I can get 650CC side feed injectors for peanuts....and good old pocket parts will have plenty of 4 cyl side feed fuel rails for me to use. Hell, I might even make the manifold with 16 injector ports yet, we'll see how it goes..... I guess this must just about be the end of this thread too, as it will have nothing to do with Holdens or Commodore's now....doesn't even have a V6 like the title suggests.

I will have to find somewhere else to waffle on LOL

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
Mate keep this thread going please, just "tweak" the thread title a bit. It would be good to see this through till its going down the strip, constantly moving goalposts and changes of direction are all part and parcel of it in the real world without fat pockets or flash sponsors payin' the bills.
Its in the projects section so i see no dramas keeping us updated as it evolves.