Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

United to fuel V8 SuperCars

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Oil is cheap, I'm pretty much sold on this upgrade.

Okay, but you'll want to get Injectors that are a good 30% larger than what you have before you bother for a tune.
I don't think you'll gain much really with the raptor - running that much power through it's probably spinning the guts out of it anyway.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Maybe. But the billet impeller upgrades show they have a lot more to give and turbos squeeze out a bunch more ponies. This is much cheaper.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Did the mowing today running the old victa CORVETTE on a 50/50 mix of normal and e85 purely because I'm too lazy to go town to the servo.

Revved about 2/3 of what it does normally and smelt delicious, but it can't be good for it.

When I bought my mower (A Masport President 2000 or somesuch) with a Briggs and Stratton motor, the guy said "Don't use E10 in it." Since pretty much all petrol mowers use Briggs and Stratton, I wouldn't be putting any ethanol in it unless it says you can :)

EDIT: Never mind me, didn't realise this topic was 2 pages >.>

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
When I bought my mower (A Masport President 2000 or somesuch) with a Briggs and Stratton motor, the guy said "Don't use E10 in it." Since pretty much all petrol mowers use Briggs and Stratton, I wouldn't be putting any ethanol in it unless it says you can :)

EDIT: Never mind me, didn't realise this topic was 2 pages >.>

In the book for mine it says nothing over e10 is to be used - but I had literally a quarter of the yard to do and thought why not give it a go...

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Yep. Walbro pump, FPR reg and I replaced the lines (including in tank) with Gates universal when the pump went in. Googled it and was pleasantly surprised it's ethanol rated. Running the L67 32lb injectors, but I'm planning on replacing them shortly as they've had 80k of a hard life.

L67 injectors are 36Lb. which usually max out at between 280 to 300Rwhp. You would be wise to go to 60Lb minimum.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
What would you recommend?

Siemens Deka 60Lb or if you are planning on turning the wick up you could go Siemens Deka 80Lb have used both and they work like a treat. Tuff Car parts have them at a great price.

If you are going to go down the E85 path, I really recommend that you use a dyno to do the tune on, the E85 is a lot different to tune with than petrol. You will find you may need to pull timing in some places to get MTV and in others it will take a lot more. But go to far and it will fall over real quick and this is where things go wrong.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cheers man. $400 for the 80lb is pretty sweet. Sounds like I'd be against the wall with the Bosch 36lb already.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Is there a standard metric you can put on FI applications?

Depends massively on the IAT that you measured hp with gasoline, and at what boost (Net Indicated Mean Effective Pressure). The calc is way too hard to explain in a forum, can PM you a brilliant white paper.

Moving to E85 is really only going to cost me a tune, what might I expect conservatively?

Conservatively your engine 20rwkW, optimistically 35rwkW from my reading.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Depends massively on the IAT that you measured hp with gasoline, and at what boost (Net Indicated Mean Effective Pressure). The calc is way too hard to explain in a forum, can PM you a brilliant white paper.

Conservatively your engine 20rwkW, optimistically 35rwkW from my reading.

Can you please PM me a copy as well? I love white papers!!