Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Update on my Oil Consumption Problem-Very Interesting

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
New engine going in under warranty, am glad they are not rebuilding the original engine.

Does that restart the warranty on the engine?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Generally any new factory 'obtained' replacement part installed by Holden will have a 12 month Warranty.

bennyrocks_79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
How in F@#$%s name did you guys get new engines when mines been pinging for 40k and been in 11 times??? Have a TAC case and a complaint logged with holden too.
Do i need to threaten legal action or voilence???

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Mine has 50,000km and has consumed oil since it was 5,000km old,it has been to Holden for about 9 consumption test in between services. Which has taken nearly 2yrs to get to this point.

So after all the info was gather I then rang Holden customer service explained my situation and they took over and arranged everything,

it also helps that the service advisor is a good bloke and made sure we had all the test data needed. he pushed from his end with the warranty clerk and I was super polite to the customer service lady.
You might need to go to a different dealer and be calm and friendly and ask for help.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Ok so after the new engine went in I had a ABS / Traction control and Brake warning lights coming on every 5mins.
Holden replaced a Module and then a wiring harness. That took them another 4 weeks was annoying to drive with the bell going off every 5mins.

So now it all seems to be working

apparently in September there is a update coming which they hope will help, not sure what its for but my car is booked in for a software update.

michelinman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have had a similar exercise with my2010 SV6 SIDI after 30K.Oil build-up cleanout and the a block change because of a noise which is still there.
I am not going to stop until the can find what makes the so-called characteristic noise.There are three cars the same in my home town and none
have the same noise as mine as I happen to know the owners. I will keep watch, good luck with Holden.

michelinman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have had a similar exercise with my2010 SV6 SIDI after 30K.Oil build-up cleanout and the block change because of a noise which is still there.
I am not going to stop until they can find what makes the so-called characteristic noise.There are three cars the same in my home town and none
have the same noise as mine as I happen to know the owners. I will keep watch, good luck with Holden.

nathan g

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodor
hi all i have had the same problem with my 2011 ve had it back to holden 5 times with oil consumption and now thay re telling me that thay have a new soft where up date that will fix the oil consumption problem has aney one heard of this new soft where up date cheres

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
hi all i have had the same problem with my 2011 ve had it back to holden 5 times with oil consumption and now thay re telling me that thay have a new soft where up date that will fix the oil consumption problem has aney one heard of this new soft where up date cheres

Yes I have mate. It is to re-calibrate the VVT manifold runner, apparently they have found that the "FLAP" on idle stays open a little, so on take off as the oil pressure builds, it lets oil in and in turn gets burnt through the engine. Have you noticed a lot of sooty dust on the back of your car? I am getting it done also, my brother had it done 3000ks ago, and he has noticed that there is no more black sooty crap on the back of his car, and has used much, much less oil in 3000ks, his oil level on the dipstick is half way down the FULL hash mark, so 3mm down off top full mark. pretty farken good result I would say, so far. Nice one Holden, yeah baby.