Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Update on my Oil Consumption Problem-Very Interesting

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Not like they use **** oil to allow proper run in, so no need to change oil at 1000km, (wouldn't hurt though), but I would still do an oil change around the 2000-3000km mark.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
I just had a thought......and it hurt! I've been reading the printout of my engine replacement and what they did. They dropped the engine down which consisted of removing the tail shaft, suspension and and other components to get it out. No mention of wheel alignment though. Should they have done one or should I at least get it checked?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Yes I think u should.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Great to hear that you might have received some satisfation as a result of your persistence. Did the Dealer advise you that you would have to notify the RTA (Motor Registration) that you have replaced the original engine. You will also need to prvide them with the new Engine Number.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Great to hear that you might have received some satisfation as a result of your persistence. Did the Dealer advise you that you would have to notify the RTA (Motor Registration) that you have replaced the original engine. You will also need to prvide them with the new Engine Number.

From what I understood Holden already did this.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
When changing out an engine they (Holden service centres) do it now by droping the whole sub assembly (K-Frame?) with suspension rather than taking the bonnet off and out through the top. At least this is what my dealer service did twice with my old SSV. The process is suppose to be less hassel and cause less damage to other engine bay components.

A wheel alignment is part of the refit of a new engine. Mine was done each time. However I can't speak for other dealers.

Good luck with the new engine.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
From what I understood Holden already did this.

Your dealer service dept should take care of this. I know I had to do it once out of 3 engine changes. They basically gave me a road worthy certificate to take to the motor registry. I did, no cost and I was given a new rego label. The other times is was all sorted by them and no rego label reprint...

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
They did say that they did the wheel alignment but it didn't come out on my printout. I'll have to believe them I suppose

jsullynz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 series 1 ve
hi guys my 2010 International is going thru the oil consumption test. Test 2 just completed and it burnt 2.25 litres in 3000 km the same for the first. Now they tell me it is coming up for service and i need to get it done!!!! i said hey you guys are putting oil in this thing at an incredible rate (around 5 litres every 6000 klm) surely this constitutes a service???? why would i spend money on a motor that could be pulled out at any moment?????

any advice would be appreciated.......