Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Update on my Oil Consumption Problem-Very Interesting

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
Yes I have mate. It is to re-calibrate the VVT manifold runner, apparently they have found that the "FLAP" on idle stays open a little, so on take off as the oil pressure builds, it lets oil in and in turn gets burnt through the engine. Have you noticed a lot of sooty dust on the back of your car? I am getting it done also.

I was also told there is another rocker cover gasket on the driver side that partly blocks the inlet to the PCV hose to the inlet manifold for those that really use oil. That so called "FLAP" is controlled by a solenoid that the software upgrade will change when it opens. :lmao: We will see.

I wonder if the oil burning issue compounds itself by glazing the bores of the pistons when the car is new due to this oil blow by. That and crappy oil used by the dealers and long service interval has made this oil consumption issue a real problem but hay that’s just my theory.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Generally any new factory 'obtained' replacement part installed by Holden will have a 12 month Warranty.

Correction. Its 2 years or 50,000klm warranty on holden factory parts (including factory warranty work). The warranty period commences when the vehicle is handed back to you.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
It's nice to see my thread is still alive and well......not in a good way though. My new engine has been going great. Not one drop of oil used as yet but I've probably only done 3000 k's since it was installed. I feel for the guys that aren't getting the service I did but keep at them. I suppose it depends on the dealer and how far they are willing to go for you. Keep hounding customer service!