Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Update on Vs v6 statesman heater not working (posting new thread as i can't add to old one?)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So next logical step if heater core is blocked and cannot be unblocked is to replace that? And would all coolant pipes still be getting hot if that is the case?
If you have some skill and a spare two days you can replace the core and evap plus fully sort out the climate control. You may be able to do it the sneaky way by chopping the pipes and joining the with heater hose. If it can be done on a Stato? I looked into it but decided i didn't want to do it half arsed. I am also concerned that the vents are not operating properly, which could mean the new core may not fully fix the problem. I'm in a reasonable financial position so even though I could repair it myself i am going to pay to have the job done.

Brokencommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
If you have some skill and a spare two days you can replace the core and evap plus fully sort out the climate control. You may be able to do it the sneaky way by chopping the pipes and joining the with heater hose. If it can be done on a Stato? I looked into it but
If you have some skill and a spare two days you can replace the core and evap plus fully sort out the climate control. You may be able to do it the sneaky way by chopping the pipes and joining the with heater hose. If it can be done on a Stato? I looked into it but decided i didn't want to do it half arsed. I am also concerned that the vents are not operating properly, which could mean the new core may not fully fix the problem. I'm in a reasonable financial position so even though I could repair it myself i am going to pay to have the job done.
I can audibly hear vents moving when changing temp on the climate control after turning car on to get vacuum then changing it back to reds but I will double check they are actuating properly tomorrow.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
The vent issue may be the distributor(?) switch behind the knob that controls airflow. If there is a leak there, or one of the hoses not on properly, the vents will not change correctly. In mine it has been put on incorrectly, even though it was obviously incorrectly fitted.
. Also check a vacuum line t piece under bonnet at the rear of the engine near the fire wall.