Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[URGENT] Anyone recommend a VSCCS engineer for certificate

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 Turbo Ute, 99 STI EJ207 GT FORESTER
I am wondering if anyone can recommend an engineer in the Sydney area that can certify my vehicle (l36 v6 custom turbo setup)
I want to go to someone who is recommended to be reasonable and co-operative.

I got defected the other day, the cop didnt actually know what he was looking at etc, but he's made me need to get a blue slip, and no-one will do that without engineer cert. (unless someone can point me in the right direction...) PM me

Thanks in advance

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
No he just wanted a mechanic to check it all out because he had no clue. I know im gonna have to jump through hoops and dig into my pockets, but going back to stock is NOT on the table

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Go to the wreckers and get a $50 stock Ecotec in(I assume that's what they're worth) and slap it in.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I am wondering if anyone can recommend an engineer in the Sydney area that can certify my vehicle (l36 v6 custom turbo setup)
I want to go to someone who is recommended to be reasonable and co-operative.

I got defected the other day, the cop didnt actually know what he was looking at etc, but he's made me need to get a blue slip, and no-one will do that without engineer cert. (unless someone can point me in the right direction...) PM me

Thanks in advance
Why do you want a reasonable and co-operative engineer? Their personality has no bearing on whether the car is safe/legal or not.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
He knew enough that with a turbine hanging from the manifold it probably makes 20%+ more power than stock and had its intake system and therefore emissions modified.

I'd be reverting to stock, clearing it and then bolting it back on. Otherwise it's going to cost you thousands just to engineer those two alone. It will also need to be engineered for secure bolt on/hoses/intake.

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
He didnt even know it was boosted. It actually makes more like 100+% more power lol I am not pulling this motor I do not have the time and cbf, I wanna get this done right as my car is heavily modded and going back to stock is just not on the table. Also, it does make a difference working with someone who is co-operative (surely you know this from experience)

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Tough tits. Stop making excuses and do what u have to.

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well wow, you guys have been no help whatsoever, forget i even said anything. Can a mod please delete this thread, not going anywhere

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine