Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT: Are Holden doing me sideways with a fish fork?

SSbeast

Reaction score
I've a qualified Diesel Mechanic and my personal opinion on backyard jobs it that there's nothing wrong with it it's mainly the problem where the person doing it either dosn't know what there doing and it just going off the haines manual or dosn't have the right tools. Holden mechanics may have some "Special tools" as the manual may say use Tool number ### which is problary a 13mm spanner. If holden did his hub and brake job they problary end up with the same problem with the klunk but you'd never know about it cause the'd replace it and charged you saying it "Had to be done".

HotRodVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT-Berlina
Your front 'strut bar bushes' are 'hydrolic' (Gell filled) same as the engine mounts, to give a quiet ride but as such they 'flex' and after 6-8 Yrs. fail.
For a 'firmer' ride (& excelent handeling) and to never worry about them again grab a "Nolathane" front end 'kit' for less than the price of the above bushes, (it includes ALL bushes) @ Repco. They (Nolathane) also do a compleat susp. pack which gives "PERFECT" wheel alignment, (rear camber/caster adjustment.)
Pitty you didn't get this info FIRST. :p
P.S. My local GM dealer REFUSED to fit mine as it wernt a 'genuine part'. :-O