Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT- vn v8 heater vaccum hose diagram

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
sorry about putting this in the pub section but i figure id get a much quicker response here than in the vn section so feel free to move it when someone gets me out of the ****.

what im after is a vaccum hose diagram for a vn.

i replaced my heater core and while it was out i mixed up the vac lines and now i cant get my vents to change the way they should.

the dash isnt back in yet (im clever enough to test it first ya see :D ) so fixing the problem wont be hard at all unless i cant get a diagram lol.

+ rep for anyone with the correct info

cheers

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
cant you just use the old 'trial and error' method, just keep swapping them around till ya get one right, then it will be easy from there

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I don't have it but if your close to the wreckers go and have a look and see if that helps ya out..

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
i tried to not #### around with it but i had to pinch a vac hose to use on another part on another car and that was like 2 weeks ago so and i cant really remember where **** goes now.

ive got a repair manual but it only shows one half decent pic of the heater box so ill have a good look at that and try to guess the rest if i cant get a diagram.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
cracked it, took all the hoses off and with the help of a real crappy pic i worked it out, or at least i think i did.
also used the control box as a refrence and traced the hoses from that to the relevant parts.
the kinks in 2 of them where they went through the grommmit in the firewall really helped too.

ill have it back in tomorrow and hopefully its all good to go

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
no joy, off to pick a part tomorrow to rip apart a vn and take some notes :d

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
Boy, if my heater core ever goes I think I might just scrap the car.
I hate it when they make cars without any thought that someone might have to fix it some day.

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Hey mate i have my dash out at the moment in my vn. Do you want me to take a few pics of the specific vac lines for you?

Only problem is its a v6..