Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used car hunting!

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Firstly, does anyone have any good sites for a used car?

Second, a rant.

Why do people not understand the value of a car, or that its a depreciating asset that people seldom make money back on. Car shopping at the moment is driving me crazy, people wanting 3-6k more for average cars and then complaining if you offer under their "expert" valuation of their car. I understand its human nature to try and at least break even, but it never happens. Its frustration as hell to have to talk to someone who lies through their teeth about what they have done to/in their car and then they get cranky if i catch them out.

And it seems no males have cars anymore, because EVERY car seems to have had a lady driver. /rant

Anyone have any suggestions in regards to buying a decent daily?

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Yeah tried the usual haunts of Carsales, carpoint, some eBay, found a nice supercharged VT V6 just concerned due to the Kms and work done to it. Ill post up its stats and people can tell me what they think...

98 VT, 220,000kms, 11 pound pulley, 2 1/2" exhaust from cat back, the heads have recently been shock and crack tested, new head gaskets and the intake manifold gasket has recently been done as well, the supercharger has recently been pulled down and serviced along with the engine being serviced regularly, the car has 4 new tires on it and a new windscreen, also new coil packs, new crank angle sensor, new coolant temp sender, and the injectors have recently been serviced.

Thoughts? The guy says his brother works at a shop and i know of the shop, so if it has gone there for work then its legit. But having all that done on a VT is what concerns me.

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
If you're after a challenge, try buying an old commodore on eBay that the seller didn't get 'off an old guy'.

redrags

Reaction score
Members Ride
walking
trading post and gumtree

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
I've had some luck with the courier mail classifieds. There is a lot of running around but you don't have the hassle of dealing with car yards and you can always talk a private seller down. Actually to be honest i got my missus to talk the guy i bought my VX off down. People just don't know how to say no to her for some reason.