Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Using different grades of fuel

zr1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs,I will use BP Ultimate as per the unanimous opinions here.

Good luck with your purchase Kunalraiker, there's plenty of super deals out there second hand at present

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Thanks mate,I know there are a few available with attractive price tags,want to make sure I make the right decision.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Hey all, wanted to say thanks again for the responses on this one. As I said previously I would BP Ultimate, well the time came to fill up yesterday and I LOVE IT! took about 5-10 minutes to mix in but I feel the car running alot smoother up shifting (auto) has changed feels better. Although its only the first tank im sure it will be better on the 2nd or 3rd tank but all in all happy with the initial result.

Thanks again everyone.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hey all, wanted to say thanks again for the responses on this one. As I said previously I would BP Ultimate, well the time came to fill up yesterday and I LOVE IT! took about 5-10 minutes to mix in but I feel the car running alot smoother up shifting (auto) has changed feels better. Although its only the first tank im sure it will be better on the 2nd or 3rd tank but all in all happy with the initial result.

Thanks again everyone.

Sounds like a good result. It's amazing the difference a tank of good fuel can make.

Pete in Perth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, V8
I use the BP Ultimate (98) exclusively & recommend it. Haven't use anything else in it. VE Calais V, 6L. In previous car, VT Calais 5L, one day I had to use a different fuel - I think it was Shell - and noticed the difference straightaway. Refilled with Ulitimate as soon as I found a BP.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I have been using the BP Ultimate on my VE Berlina 2007 model for about 3 fuel fills now, I haven't noticed much change in the fuel average on the screen.

I'am getting about 13.5/100 kms average ,the car is mostly driven by my wife to work and back,what sort of averages are most of you getting.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Car was tuned to run on United 100 10% ethanol due to 11.7 comp.

For a everyday car thats not tuned use 91 otherwise it's a waste. I ran my VE on 98 until current upgrades and still had carbon deposits on pistons wityh less than 10000kms, it's hype that it cleans your engine if anything ethanol fuels will clean your engine more. Imight even go E85 in the future for 99.9cl

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Car was tuned to run on United 100 10% ethanol due to 11.7 comp.

For a everyday car thats not tuned use 91 otherwise it's a waste. I ran my VE on 98 until current upgrades and still had carbon deposits on pistons wityh less than 10000kms, it's hype that it cleans your engine if anything ethanol fuels will clean your engine more. Imight even go E85 in the future for 99.9cl

Should I be using fuel from United with ethanol, the cheapest fuel in the market.I felt it was cheap and bad for the engine.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Should I be using fuel from United with ethanol, the cheapest fuel in the market.I felt it was cheap and bad for the engine.

There cheap fuel as you say is 94octane??? isn't it, i'm talking from a Ve V8 perspective so have know idea what the allytec's are like re fuels. A good fuel is one you don't notice i got a bad tank of ultimate once car just would not idle with it so never touched the stuff again.

Everyone has the preferences i guess. I run my Sv8 on shell 95(cause thats the servo on the way to work)