Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Engine removal in vu Ute

Kayne_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy
Hey guys I have recently blown up my 3.8l ecotec in my vu Ute and I’m trying to remove it to replace it with one I rebuilt and I’m having trouble getting it to come off the input shaft, all the bell housing bolts are out and I’ve tried lowering the engine and raising it and lowering the gearbox and raising it to get the angles but it won’t budge just seeing if anyone has any ideas thanks

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey guys I have recently blown up my 3.8l ecotec in my vu Ute and I’m trying to remove it to replace it with one I rebuilt and I’m having trouble getting it to come off the input shaft, all the bell housing bolts are out and I’ve tried lowering the engine and raising it and lowering the gearbox and raising it to get the angles but it won’t budge just seeing if anyone has any ideas thanks
Manual or auto?

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Sounds like it's stuck on the dowel pins between gearbox and engine

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
You should just need to get the engine and box aligned. The engine will tilt back into the firewall when the box is clear so it’s still trying rotate that way to grab the input shaft through the clutch/flywheel. Try stuffing a rolled up blanket between the engine and firewall to keep it upright and give it another go. I had a similar experience.