Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Exhaust - Post here

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I got mine off ebay (new) its a Rage catback 2.5 mandrel bent single muffler, also got pacemakers and when it was auto it still sounded good but sounds heaps better manual :)

didn't know they exported the rage brand to aussie. mine (rage) doesn't really sound like anything that i've heard from aussie systems. i really do think that not having a CAT does alter the sound. don't really have anything to record it with unfortunatly

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
didn't know they exported the rage brand to aussie. mine (rage) doesn't really sound like anything that i've heard from aussie systems. i really do think that not having a CAT does alter the sound. don't really have anything to record it with unfortunatly

Yeah i got it sent from the scotts rods shop in Qld,i like the sound, sounds different that what i have herd aswell.

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
ill agree, my favorite system is on a mates vt, its a 2 1/4 with front muffler and hotdog on the ass. Its not too loud but sounds great. It also has a set of pacies

Now I am even more curious as to how it sounds! Hopefully someone comes through with the goods..

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
next time i see him ill make a vid of it

pip78

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VT Commodore Wagon V6
ill agree, my favorite system is on a mates vt, its a 2 1/4 with front muffler and hotdog on the ass. Its not too loud but sounds great. It also has a set of pacies

Now I am even more curious as to how it sounds! Hopefully someone comes through with the goods..

yeh definitely. i asked my mate what he reckons i should get for my v6 & he has suggested extractors with 2.25 exhaust straight through into decent muffler. (he doesnt work as an exhaust fitter but knows a lot about cars)

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i have found that a 2.5" single is more than enough and often results in drone. 2.5" doesnt max out till about 150rwkw

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
my mate has a dual 2 1/2 xforce system on his ve sv6... sounds absolutely mint!! quiet as untill you let the revs get up. then sounds great! you should get the same system on your sv6. i think its about 750 fitted for the dual 2 1/2 cat back system

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
my mate has a dual 2 1/2 xforce system on his ve sv6... sounds absolutely mint!! quiet as untill you let the revs get up. then sounds great! you should get the same system on your sv6. i think its about 750 fitted for the dual 2 1/2 cat back system

im going to be leaving the sv6 either stock or i might put on a different factory exhaust, like a hsv exhaust or maybe even just change the rear mufflers. The standard system flows more than enough for a stock alloytec engine. Not only that but im over having a loud car.

YouTube - sv6 commodore

sounds pretty much like that

OMG that sounds ****ing terrible! It sounds like a chainsaw! argh my freaking ears.
Thats another reason i dont want a loud exhaust on my car. The Sv6 has alot of presence with its wide set front and massive guards. I dont want it sounding like Casey Stoner is about to over take you

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6