Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Exhaust - Post here

randomhero365

Reaction score
Members Ride
AU XR6 VCT
Hey guys.
Im looking for an exhaust to go on my VP berlina v6 and dont want to spend too much.
im not doing it for performance, i only want the sound at this point.
apparently extractors dont do a whole lot for the sound so i was wondering if anyone knows what i should put on it ad how much it would cost?
Im in perth btw.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
i got a Red Back 2.5" cat back with a hotdog as the rear resonator, i think it sounds good, majoity of people get it. cost around $300, but im in melbourne.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
will a twin 2 1/2 be to big for the 170kw auto vz motor? will i lose bottem end? will it sound ok? or drony? the car is stock just extractors.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
hey fellas i got an exhaust a few weeks ago and ive noticed it doesnt sound anywhere near as good as when i got it just wondering why what changes what happens to the muffler (it has one muffler btw) to make it like that

randomhero365

Reaction score
Members Ride
AU XR6 VCT
Hey guys, just got a quote from mettam's mufflers.
580 for a 2.5" mandrel bent catback system (straight thru muf, no rear resi) with high flow cat and a nice tip of my choice.
I do intend to work the price down, but i just want to know if that is an average price?
He says 280 for the catback and 300 for the highflow cat (he said something about it being a race cat but i didnt hear him very well).
The price includes fitting aswell

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
eh sounds a bit much- id think around 450-500 would be right

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
hey fellas i got an exhaust a few weeks ago and ive noticed it doesnt sound anywhere near as good as when i got it just wondering why what changes what happens to the muffler (it has one muffler btw) to make it like that

Carbon buildup. Cat etc will fill up with the emissions filtered out and it will quieten it and possibly make the exhaust note a little more muffled, sounds like it's been dampened a bit. Supposed to take around a week for it to take effect I think.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
Hey guys, just got a quote from mettam's mufflers.
580 for a 2.5" mandrel bent catback system (straight thru muf, no rear resi) with high flow cat and a nice tip of my choice.
I do intend to work the price down, but i just want to know if that is an average price?
He says 280 for the catback and 300 for the highflow cat (he said something about it being a race cat but i didnt hear him very well).
The price includes fitting aswell

i paid 330 fitted for a 2.5 with resi and he quoted me 250 with no resi
i since have had a high flow full size 2.5 (some places neck them down in middle) which cost me 300 fitted
so seen as ur getting it all done at same time should be a bit cheaper
shop around or go ebay for cat back there piece of **** to fit up and get the cat done at exhaust shop