Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

schteven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
im after a price on a set of 198 rockers. cheers

ShadowMyst86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Installed my new MACE VY CAI yesterday and its fantastic, not to mention easy to install!

The engine is working with much more ease and everything feels smoother under acceleration. Not to mention the terrific intake sound. Comparing prices to other CAI's and the benefits this has shown, it is most certainly something I would recommend to anyone.

Great product, great service and great value. Thanks MACE!

-Michael-

Ooh Yeah.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
How loud is it at idle?

can you head it hiss at all?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
How loud is it at idle?

can you head it hiss at all?

yeah u can ive got one, except i swapped out the SAAS filter for a high flow k&n one was a bit of mucking around but i noticed a fair bit more out of it then the cheap 25 dollar one not to mention it makes an insane intake noise with the k&n one now :thumbsup:

-Michael-

Ooh Yeah.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
hmm i wanted it to make it not louder lol

only comes with saas filter??

ShadowMyst86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
The hiss is awesome. Give it a boot and like Wogboyz said, it sounds insane!

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Bad news on auto to manual conversions. A proper conversion will break the bank. Took to Mal wood Automotive if your Brisbane way.

These are the things you need to look at.

Crossmember
Bellhousing (often gearboxes don't come with one)
Clutch
Gearbox
Pedal Box
Cable and slave (I think the box is cable clutched)
Uni joints
Tailshaft (auto box is longer)
Body control module
Connection harness

When I priced it up, I needed a budget of $6k to do it properley.

MACE

Reaction score
So does that mean if i buy the parts u throw in the install and dyno?

As much as we would love to, given the time constraints at the moment, I would have to say that we would offer someone a hefty refund if they were will to install two 25mm manifold insulators and organise a dyno run.

hi im after a auto-manual conversion. is this something you can do?? if not can you recommend someone who can do it without breaking the bank?

Sadly it's not something that we do, however if you're in Melbourne the we could recommend someone :)

That's great news.

Your first on my list next time i save up some money.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Installed my new MACE VY CAI yesterday and its fantastic, not to mention easy to install!

The engine is working with much more ease and everything feels smoother under acceleration. Not to mention the terrific intake sound. Comparing prices to other CAI's and the benefits this has shown, it is most certainly something I would recommend to anyone.

Great product, great service and great value. Thanks MACE!

Thanks for your constructive feedback :) Above all though, I'm glad to hear your happy with the product :D

hmm i wanted it to make it not louder lol

only comes with saas filter??

We only recommend SAAS filters, as they can be run oilless. For people who are not familiar with running oil impregnated filters such as K&N's check out the following link

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/98128-clean-your-maf.html

So it's all good you see ;)

Cheers
Steve

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Hey MACE been looking at your products.
I myself drive an ecotec v6 thats been cammed with full exhaust.
Was looking at your manifold insulator and 25mm plenum spacer.
Would there be any complications in running these?
Also still have a standard TB and being thats its cammed i would assume getting bored or larger ss TB would benefit from it?
Thanks

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Looking at the CAI enclosure for VP V6. Apart from a replacement air box and filter, is anything else included? What type of filter is sold with the package, and will you sell without? What are the replacement air boxes constructed of, and do you have a pictures of the inside. Lastly, what is required to to remove the lid from the airbox, when doing filter cleans/changes, is it just screwed down? Thanks, and sorry for so many questions.