Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Performance Parts - L67

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
HI Mace

I am very new to this sort of thing so i might just ask.. I really want to bomb out my motor and have everything MACE
What sorta prices am i looking at?

Car currently does 179 RHWP

Currently stock.. DID have a modded CAI.. but cant seem to mount it properly over my radiator.

Car L67 VX commodore..

Cheers guys!!

Steve

MACE

Reaction score
HI Mace

I am very new to this sort of thing so i might just ask.. I really want to bomb out my motor and have everything MACE
What sorta prices am i looking at?

Car currently does 179 RHWP

Currently stock.. DID have a modded CAI.. but cant seem to mount it properly over my radiator.

Car L67 VX commodore..

Cheers guys!!

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry

Well there are HEAPS of things that you can do with the L67, I suppose it depends on how far you want to go, how much work you're planning on doing yourself and budget (?)

To give you an idea, if you just wanted to stick with bolt on mods a set of higher ratio rockers (1.9's), and an upgraded cold air intake would certainly be items to consider

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Hey Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry

Well there are HEAPS of things that you can do with the L67, I suppose it depends on how far you want to go, how much work you're planning on doing yourself and budget (?)

To give you an idea, if you just wanted to stick with bolt on mods a set of higher ratio rockers (1.9's), and an upgraded cold air intake would certainly be items to consider

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Hey Steve :D cool name haha...

Well those do sound like a good idea..
Im going to be getting a 10psi pully upgrade soon..

How much would i be looking at for those stick on bolt on upgrades.. ? sent to perth

And what would i be looking at further down the track.. i do want to make this a very quick super six eventually :) will have it for quite some time i have decided

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Steve :D cool name haha...

Well those do sound like a good idea..
Im going to be getting a 10psi pully upgrade soon..

How much would i be looking at for those stick on bolt on upgrades.. ? sent to perth

And what would i be looking at further down the track.. i do want to make this a very quick super six eventually :) will have it for quite some time i have decided
That it is :D

You have a PM

Cheers,
Steve

HSVT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Commodore Executive
Newly installed L67

Hi Steve,

Looking at purchasing your CAI for my super 6. I recently got the L67 engine installed to my VT 99 Executive, didn't see a huge difference (still to restricted?). I just bought a HSV Memcal for the L67 and once installed should see a boost increased, I think :/ I have put a cat back lukey exhaust on it and will be getting your CAI. Will the CAI619 fit straight up to the throttle body (is the pipe included for a supercharged 6) or is it just the box and pod? Also will I see a benefit in changing the pod filter to a K&N Pod? If yes, what mm is the diameter of your pod that comes with it ?

I currently run 9Lbs pully on my charger and am looking at getting your rockers to go with this upgrade. What rockers do u reccomend?

Am I on my way to cleaning it all up or am I missing something obvious?

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Looking at purchasing your CAI for my super 6. I recently got the L67 engine installed to my VT 99 Executive, didn't see a huge difference (still to restricted?). I just bought a HSV Memcal for the L67 and once installed should see a boost increased, I think :/ I have put a cat back lukey exhaust on it and will be getting your CAI. Will the CAI619 fit straight up to the throttle body (is the pipe included for a supercharged 6) or is it just the box and pod? Also will I see a benefit in changing the pod filter to a K&N Pod? If yes, what mm is the diameter of your pod that comes with it ?

I currently run 9Lbs pully on my charger and am looking at getting your rockers to go with this upgrade. What rockers do u reccomend?

Am I on my way to cleaning it all up or am I missing something obvious?
Hey HSVT_99,

Thanks for your inquiry

In regards to your questions/statements

“Looking at purchasing your CAI for my super 6. I recently got the L67 engine installed to my VT 99 Executive, didn't see a huge difference (still to restricted?)”
Can you get back to us with how you did the engine conversion (if running the L67 or ecotec loom and memcal) as there would certainly be noticeable gains associated with the conversion

“I just bought a HSV Memcal for the L67 and once installed should see a boost increased, I think :/”
It won’t. Are there any engine lights coming on?

“have put a cat back lukey exhaust on it and will be getting your CAI. Will the CAI619 fit straight up to the throttle body (is the pipe included for a supercharged 6) or is it just the box and pod?”
CAI619, will fit, assuming that you have the factory intake pipe. To give you an idea as to what comes in the kit, please check out the link below
http://www.maceengineering.com.au/W...B/C0A8/D240/145A/CAI_VTVY_V6_INSTALLATION.pdf

“Also will I see a benefit in changing the pod filter to a K&N Pod? If yes, what mm is the diameter of your pod that comes with it ?”
No benefit.

“I currently run 9Lbs pully on my charger and am looking at getting your rockers to go with this upgrade. What rockers do u reccomend?”
I would go the 1.9:1 rockers for your application

“Am I on my way to cleaning it all up or am I missing something obvious?”
Need to know how the conversion was done, otherwise sounds all good

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

HSVT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
The conversion was done by a mechanic at Albion Park Automotive and they removed the existing engine and replaced it with the L67 which I bought of a mate (Ben nightingale- use to be one of the editors for street commodores) I had to buy a new loom for the install so I'm assuming they changed the loom. No Memcal was installed that I'm aware of. I'm still using the old ECU I'm pretty sure aswel.
No engine lights are on and the engine has been in there for 6 months now. Had a service done in that time aswel as rego.

HSVT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah sweet :) One last question though, are you running a boost gauge?

No I'm not but very VERY interested in getting one installed, any help? Any recommendations on how I can go about this?

HSVT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Steve,

Can you put together A deal or something for me, i need your 82' Thermostat (THM601), Cold Air intake with the Clear lid (CAI613) and a heat shield (if u have one) for my 99' VT running the L67. Can you PM me with how much it will cost me for your products and to sent it to 2530

Regards,
Dan