Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Performance Parts - L67

simo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Berlina Wagon
BOOST UPGRADE KIT

Supercharger boost upgrade kit which comprises of a special modular hub, 10psi pulley (other pulleys from 9 to 21psi are also available), new belt, loan of our factory pulley removal tool and installation instructions.

BoostUpgde_1_xsml.jpg
BoostUpgde_2_xsml.jpg
BoostUpgde_3_xsml.jpg

COLD AIR INTAKE INSULATOR FOR HOLDEN SUPERCHARGED 6 L67

Exclusive to MACE Engineering, our design-registered manifold insulator kit to suit Holden supercharged 6 L67 engines. Available in 1/4 inch (6mm) and 1 inch (25mm). This modification has been specifically designed to reduce your supercharger outlet air temperature, without the trouble of going to an intercooler, by insulating the hot engine heat from soaking into the supercharger. It can also be used in intercooled vehicles as well to improve their cooling efficiency

L67INSULATOR_xsmall.jpg

INTERCOOLER KITS

Exclusive to our blizzard range of water to air intercoolers, is the composite thermal resistant housing meaning that our coolers do a much better job of cooling the air from the supercharger, compared to their aluminium counterparts. Not only does this improve outright power, but also significantly reduces heat soak issues over conventional aluminium housings. The composite material has a thermal conductivity of 0.29 W/m*K as opposed to 150 W/m*K for aluminium. Therefore, our composite material conducts heat 500 times less than Aluminium!

To see the difference between aluminium and our thermal composite material, check out our intercooler test video clip below.

*MINIBLIZZARD - 24mm thick composite housing.

SL370209_xsml_L.jpg
miniblz_3_xsml.jpg
miniblz_2_xsml.jpg

*LARGE/MEGABLIZZARD - 50mm thick (large blizzard) & 58mm thick (mega blizzard) composite housing.

mega_xsml_L.jpg
MEGA2_xsml.jpg
mega3_xsml.jpg

HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS

High ratio (1.9:1) & ultra high ratio (1.98:1) roller rockers (stock ratio is 1.65:1) to suit EcoTec V6’s in both naturally aspirated and supercharged form (L36 and L67 engines). A very cost effective way to bump up the performance of your late model Commodore, by increasing valve lift thereby allowing your engine to breathe much more efficiently.

SL372799_small_mace_xsml.jpg
Rockers198_xsml-1.jpg
SL372808_xsmall_mace.jpg

CNC PRECISION PORTED THROTTLE BODY

Cnc precision ported throttle body is enlarged to a final diameter of 69mm increasing maximum airflow by 14%. Backed up by testing, gains of around 10 HP at the rear wheels are to be had if used in conjunction with extractors/exhaust and cold air intake. A greater power gain can be achieved if more mods have been undertaken such as a larger cam, supercharger etc…

eco_tb_xsml.jpg

MASS AIRFLOW METERS

Installing a large MAF is a very cost effective way to bump up the performance of your late model commodore by significantly increasing air flow through the intake. Available in both 74mm and 85mm.

MAF_01_xsml.jpg
MAF_04_MED_xsml.jpg
MAF_02_RAW_xsml_.jpg

COLD AIR INTAKE ENCLOSURE
New generation cold air intake/boxes to suit Commodores VB-VZ and Statesmans from VN-VZ, which are a direct bolt on drop-in replacement for your existing air box assembly. The kits include an all new air box, airflow meter safe pod filter, along with mounting hardware required for complete installation.

CAI_VBVL_xsml_.jpg
CAI_VNVP_V6_xsml_.jpg
CAI_VRVS_V6_xsml.jpg

CAI_VTVY_xsml_.jpg
CAI_ATEC_001_xsml_L_.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

MACE

Reaction score
Hello again guys, I am wondering how much power would be made with the following combination of parts.
A2A intercooler kit
1.98:1 ultra high ratio roller rockers
Stage 2 Comp cams
cold air intake
powerbond 5% overdrive race performance balancer.
cold air intake 25mm insulator
crow cams hydraulic roller lifters
crow cams 130lb valve springs
bored out 69mm throttle body
rollmaster double row timing chain
arp con rod bolts
19psi pulley
arp headstuds
inlet manifold gaskets
arp main studs
manley performance valve spring retainers
upgraded supercharger coupler
comp valve locks
premium Viton valve stem seals
82 degree thermostat
CNC ported heads
reverse single throttle plenum
25mm plenum/manifold spacer
CNC ported inlet manifold
CNC ported supercharger
light weight rotor pack
4.2 stage 3 stroker kit
Bypass valves
rebuilt supercharger
yella terra race snout kit
laser heat shield
power max premium spark leads
Custom tune
And which exhaust system would go with this setup,
De fillipo dual 3 inch system which includes headers with 1 7/8" primaries, dual 3" exhaust system with high flow cats, or
De fillipo dual 2.5 inch system with 1 3/4" headers and dual 2.5" exhaust system with high flow cats.

Thankyou.
Also is there anything else available to make more power, yet still keep it a daily driver.
Hi nonricer,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"Hello again guys, I am wondering how much power would be made with the following combination of parts."

In regards to your question, for clarity, I’ve modified the list that you initially provided as some items were not compatible or were general service items. Please refer to the revised list as shown in the list below.

“A2A intercooler kit
Stage 2 Comp cams
cold air intake
powerbond 5% overdrive race performance balancer.
crow cams hydraulic roller lifters
crow cams 130lb valve springs
bored out 69mm throttle body
rollmaster double row timing chain
19psi pulley
manley performance valve spring retainers
comp valve locks
premium Viton valve stem seals
82 degree thermostat
CNC ported heads
CNC ported inlet manifold
CNC ported supercharger
light weight rotor pack
Custom tune”

Conservatively speaking, you would be looking at gains of over 250rwkw with these upgrades running on 98 octane fuel. Running E85, and you would be nudging closer to the 300wrkw mark. To give you an idea as to some of these upgrades on a non cammed (purely bolt on) engine , please check out the link below.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...vy-l67-a2a-mace-intercooled-new-video-up.html

Unless you were planning on upgrading your supercharger then we would not recommend going a stroker setup.

“arp main studs
4.2 stage 3 stroker kit”

“And which exhaust system would go with this setup,
De fillipo dual 3 inch system which includes headers with 1 7/8" primaries, dual 3" exhaust system with high flow cats, or
De fillipo dual 2.5 inch system with 1 3/4" headers and dual 2.5" exhaust system with high flow cats.”

We would recommend 1 ¾” Pacemaker headers and dual a 2.5” exhaust system with high flow cats

“Thankyou, and sorry for the long post.”
No problem.

“Also is there anything else available to make more power, yet still keep it a daily driver.”
Given the listed engine upgrades, we would recommend supercharger inlet porting (including elbow or upgrading elbow) and a LS throttle body.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
Come on please guys I have waited for a week
I do apologies for the delay in getting back to you nonricer. Detailed questions like your do take to answer properly. Hope this helps.

Please if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

nonricer

Reaction score
Members Ride
want to get a VE SERIES 2 SV6
Thanks, how much more power would there be with the ported supercharger and LS throttle body?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If you're looking at V6performance you're setting yourself up for failure. Heaps of people have had very bad experiences with V6performance, myself included many many years ago. MACE offers anything they do and won't rip you off like others may.

I concur with this , Mace are great to deal with , I've been getting bits and bobs from them for a couple of years , and advice and tips are but an email or phone call away .

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks, how much more power would there be with the ported supercharger and LS throttle body?
If properly done, depending on how hard the blower was spun, you would be looking at gains of around 10-15rwkw.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
I concur with this , Mace are great to deal with , I've been getting bits and bobs from them for a couple of years , and advice and tips are but an email or phone call away .
Glad we could be of assistance Ian :) Very grateful of your continual support.

Xpress

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S1 L67 Spac
Looking for some advice, on my shopping list

Hi mace
I'm new to the forums and new to working on cars I'm just about to start on my biggest project yet.
I have a list of parts that I'm looking at getting through your site, have been very eager to hit the purchase button but thought it might be best to seek a little advice beforehand .

I'm also looking to pick up the parts, I have spotted that you have 2 pick up spots from in previous posts.

My rided is a - stock no mods yet -2001 Vx l67 Spac series 1 ( 200k on the clock )

Parts list:

CROW CAM HYDRAULIC ROLLER LIFTERS (L67 SUPERCHARGED 3.8L V6)
ULTRA HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS
Premium Viton Valve Stem Seals
MACE Performance Valve Spring Retainers
Comp valve locks
HOLDEN INLET MANIFOLD GASKETS (L67 SUPERCHARGED V6 VX)
L67 Supercharger Gasket
Supercharger to Lower Intake Manifold O-Rings
ROCKER COVER GASKETS (V6 SUPERCHARGED L67)
PERFORMANCE 82 DEGREE THERMOSTAT - HOLDEN ECOTEC L67
COLD AIR INTAKE 6.35MM INSULATOR FOR HOLDEN SUPERCHARGED L67

CNC Ported L67 Inlet Manifold >>> I'm looking to install and air to air intercooler at a later date
CNC ported supercharger >>>> not you sure how to go about taking the snout off out of it yet.

Questions:

Are all these parts suitable to go together without creating too much lift, and having any clearance issues (rocker covers, bonnet)

With using the cold air intake insulator is it recommended still use the supercharger gasket, I have read that it's advisable to help with separating the two Parts at a later date.

Have I forgotten/need any seals or o rings required for doing these installs.

With the roller rockers should I look at doing the springs as well due to the ks,

And last question just for some advice I'm looking at doing the install myself this will be my first time diving into an engine, are the jobs that I'm looking at doing be ok for a first timer or Im I punching above my weight limit, and should just find a mechanic.