Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Turbo Anyone?

dwilz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8 c4
shayne said:
i have a vh sle with a vr v6 manual fitted and recently put a t3 turbo, intercooler, bosch 363 injectors and microtech computer 3 inch exhaust and v8 throotle body and on 6 pound i made 171kw at the wheels with an estimated 200rwkw on 10 pound soon to come.

A standard vn, vp,vr can handle more boost than a standard ecotec you will find this is because of the pistons.

V

v6 van man

dwilz said:
A standard vn, vp,vr can handle more boost than a standard ecotec you will find this is because of the pistons.

its the different compression ratio, but buick pistons are larger

Skid Pattern

Artwork on the road!
Reaction score
Hey,com crazy......saw somthing you might like two weeks ago,a I.A.A.C persuit vehical came through my place and had a JT406 gas turbine and full hydrolic drive system.Emagine one of these in a VT!Getting more info on that turbo kit soon,should know soon who is doing the turbo kits so stay TUNED!!! Skid Pattern!

Leigh_G

..forgot the sump bolt
Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 VH SLX, '08 Prado Grande
Thanks comcrazy, thats made my options quite clear now ha! Should look at some small turbo kits for the beast now, either way, i'll get 'er goin a bit harder :yeah:

C

Comcrazy

comcrazy

Hey Leigh, My patience and persistance on this subject has paid off now!
Im going to wait another two months until this Melbourne company releases their V6 Ecotech Turbo Kits. Apparently they will be suitable for VS to VY.
This is what I found out.
This company has been heavily involved with R&D for the ecotech V6 and in my opinion this looks like the closest thing to a OEM product with a far superior quality in materials and design. The best thing about all of this is that they will be very reasonably priced due to mass production. The manifolds will be cast of 304 stainless steel with tuned lenght runners joining into a merged collector, polished with a lifetime warranty ( I reckon that will look awesome.). The turbo will be a modifeld Garrett 600hp Roller, the intercooler is quite large and fills the contours of these vehicles bumpers with one piece mondral bent piping made of polished T6 alley with a Blitz Blow off valve. The gate will be Turbosmart connecting to a three inch stainless dump pipe. Apparently these guys have been running a Dyno facility for the last 10 years and are currently developing the tune ups for these kits (chip) to accomadate a Gen111 75mm air mass meter for accurate messurement of increased air to these babies. Also if you own a auto as I do the tune ups can be updated to tiptronic shifting gears at your fingertips.To me this truely sounds like someone has got their **** together at last. So Im waitin until I can get my hands on this stuff.

C

Comcrazy

Skid Pattern said:
Hey,com crazy......saw somthing you might like two weeks ago,a I.A.A.C persuit vehical came through my place and had a JT406 gas turbine and full hydrolic drive system.Emagine one of these in a VT!Getting more info on that turbo kit soon,should know soon who is doing the turbo kits so stay TUNED!!! Skid Pattern!

Now that would be somthing to see! I found out about that company Skid pattern and Im waiting now until they (kits) are relaeased, if it is the same one that you talking about. Im actually quite excited about this coz it will not only look good it will perform too, what more can a self resecting Commodore owner want .... hehehe .Heard that there will be twin throttles out there too and they can make quite a diff. At last somthing for the V6's !!

V

VSWhite

V6 Ecotech Turbo Kits hell yeah i think i should start saveing now any one kown the name off the melbourne company doing this ?????????

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
i also have turbo but having trouble with computer who did your memcal im using a hsv s/c xu6 memcal

E

Ex Ricer

Personally i wouldnt go for a V6 Turbo at all, i would go for a supercharger, but not a turbo, ive had a ricer, so ive seen my fair share of turbos, i reckon stick with a sik ass V8, or a supercharged V6. not saying to every1..DONT GET A TURBO... i mean it all comes down to ur own opinion and preferance, its just that every now and then ur gunna need a new turbo, and thats a couple thousand each time it happens. just food for thought

good luck with it all tho ay, keep us informed of how ur goin wid it