Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2014

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Anyone else wonder why a safety car wasnt called on lap 1 because of the door skin on the back straight? That couldve gone bad so easily, of all the black flags given for loose body work. Good race and good day to be a Holden fan. Bring on Bathurst!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Anyone else wonder why a safety car wasnt called on lap 1 because of the door skin on the back straight? That couldve gone bad so easily, of all the black flags given for loose body work. Good race and good day to be a Holden fan. Bring on Bathurst!

It actually hit officials!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

As much as I think Ambrose is one the most arrogant drivers to ever race a supercar, it should be a very good thing for DJR to finally have some money and resources behind them. I think it's actually a life line for them and without it they probably would have folded in the very near future. Also, I really want someone to knock Whincup off as it's getting very boring seeing the same person win the title every year, not that I don't regard him as a good driver, it's just getting a bit same old, same old. If that person has to be Marcos, then so be it, even in a Ford.

Great showing from HRT yesterday, even if we were robbed of a closer finish by lap cars being stuck between the 2 lead cars. I think that really needs to be looked at, if there is lap cars between the front cars, they should be waved by or they should just pull over to the side and let the front guys get on with it. It really shouldn't have to be that hard for the lead cars to get past lap cars. Happy to see Courtney/Murphy have a good showing after last year.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I agree, Im sick of seeing Whincup and Lowndes fight over top spot every year.

For me this says a lot about how much other teams are lacking in their management, organisation and attention to detail. Sure budget is a factor, but when you're organisation is a well oiled machine plus you have the dollars to put into the cars, you're going to be at the top for a while.

You wouldn't see money behind a RedBull team anywhere that wasn't backed up by results...

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
i agree to a point rajesh,however the redbull nascar experiment was a big failure and was closed down accordingly

I to was wondering why a flag wasn't called especially when the old fella was knocked on the head with it

I think you might find ambrose has changed from the early days as has whincup,lowndes etc,we all do with age and experiences lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
888 Were successful since virtually day 1. No doubt about it - their management under Roland Dane has been first class. It's not only about money - HRT/Walkinshaw squad and FPR have also had a ####tonne of money thrown at them year in, year out and I'm sure if another $250k (or whatever) was the difference between also ran and championship then the chequebook would be opened without a second thought.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Ambrose, yeah hes a dick. But he might light a fire under some asses.

Maybe yes, maybe no. But let's face it, he's smart, and has made more money in a week in the USA than the V8 drivers make in a year here.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Ambrose, yeah hes a dick. But he might light a fire under some asses.

Maybe yes, maybe no. But let's face it, he's smart, and has made more money in a week in the USA than the V8 drivers make in a year here.

That might be so, but honestly, he's done bugger all in nascar in the scheme of things. He's won a handful of races on road courses, but run around mid-rear of field on the oval tracks, which I might add is what most of the sprint cup series is made up of, there are only 2 road coarses. I believe all the top guys in V8 supercars could go over there and win on road courses, because the Americans suck at turning right. Not trying to take anything away from him as a driver, he's a good steerer but to make it big in nascar is hard work.

I'll be really interested to see if he hits the ground running in 2015, but realistically, I think it'll take a season (mabye 2) to get back up to speed, especially with a newly formed partnership in DJR/Penske.