Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2014

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
yep I agree it will take him a year or two and for the team to get the guys they want as well,even 888 took a few years to become a front runner once they got rid of dean canto and steve Ellery that is,they are the top team but they can also be beaten,volvo made them sit up and work harder and bjr were all over them earlier this year,hrt and skaifey were near on unbeatable for at least 5 yrs,lowndes before that,ambrose and sbr were the same but every team always falls down for some reason or another if you look through the history books,eventually and I don't know when but someone will eventually beat 888 imo anyways

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
First official day of Bathurst today and so far we've seen David Wall in the number 17 crash, Robert Dahlgren crash, Tander crash, Murph set some great early pace and David Reynolds break the lap record by half a second. RBRA haven't really stood out as they're predicted to but it's only the first day and I expect to see them up the front in the first proper qualifying sessions tomorrow.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Looks like Number 1 will start from position 25. As much as I hate to say it, it means nothing for 888, they've got the smarts and ability to bounce back from a poor start. Plus when was the last time we saw a Perkins in the Top 10 Shootout? And how's about Dale Woods effort to get to provisional 3rd? I've never heard a bloke happier!

Premier 350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Aclaim Wagon
Looks like Number 1 will start from position 25. As much as I hate to say it, it means nothing for 888, they've got the smarts and ability to bounce back from a poor start. Plus when was the last time we saw a Perkins in the Top 10 Shootout? And how's about Dale Woods effort to get to provisional 3rd? I've never heard a bloke happier!

On the subject of Dirty Marcos, I look forward to his return. He'll get his clock cleaned. He's never raced against the young guns like Couldhard. Van Gisberg, Mc Loughlin, etc. Never against T888.
And he won't have the "get out of jail free' card he was issued by gutless officals. Easily the dirtiest driver to 'win' a championship.
The ford fanbois have the lube & hankie out already. Wonder how Frosty feels, no longer being fords great white hope? And there's the very real chance that the ford deal will be a one year deal.
Penske has committed to ford for 2015 only. Be a pisser if he went to another brand. Suddenly ford 'hero/legend/greatest driver' ever is in brand xxxx.

On Bathurst. Disapointed. To have the race seemingly locked up then see it turn to ****. Still at least it wasn't 1) Frosty 2) a DJR car. Over all it was a great 9 days there, until late Sunday arvo.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
couldn't have happened to a better person imo,hes a good peddler but has gotten too arrogant and deserved what he got for ignoring his engineer,anyone can say what they want but the simple fact is he was told from lap 156 to back off and conserve which he didn't until dutto got on the radio.

in relation to marcos,it will spice things up for sure him coming back into the game,as for being dirty,he is no different than any other and for the record he did race against 888,why do you think roland hired Campbell little etc from the then sbr,

either way as long as its good racing and we have different winners like we have had this year i'll keep watching

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I live not far from the circuit, and I stopped going after the American open wheelers stopped coming because of the government of the day.

I just find the cars of today crashing around the place not my style. I enjoy good racing, not crash up derby.

Flame suit on.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I live not far from the circuit, and I stopped going after the American open wheelers stopped coming because of the government of the day.

I just find the cars of today crashing around the place not my style. I enjoy good racing, not crash up derby.

Flame suit on.

If you are talking about V8SC then the facts don't back up your assertion. Go check out the old footage from the 90's and earlier. There were guys getting punted off left right and centre. Anybody remember Captain Chaos Wayne Gardener back in the Coke days??? Things have changed - cars aren't my taste either but it's undeniable that punting somebody off is penalised on the circuit more harshly than ever before and although 888 are a class of their own, there are more competitive cars (with a chance of winning) than ever before.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wilson security and grm good deal imo,rumours have been circulating since the djr/Penske announcement so no real big surprise,david wall is definitely a shoe in now due to his links,gary has usually had a paid driver to a point so no real big surprise just hope he goes better than he has done in the past

the stewards are pretty tight on rules these days,you can biff and barge to a point as long as its not for position etc,happened today and svg was told to readdress which he did but some times time is added like yesterday with winterbottom and sladey