Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum Leak - EGR Pipe?

StockoVRWagz

Formerly White50L
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Wagon
Dfi and coil packs, iac, maf sensor are good as I've put them in my other car for trouble shooting, also fuel pump is brand new too also done the filter and leads are probably due to be changed so will do them after the valley cover gaskets have been done. Could even be dodgy tps I guess.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
leads are due for a change? then check the resistance on each lead and make sure they are still in spec, this could be ur missing issues ur getting if one or more leads are open or have too high of a resistance.

D

devilly

did you use a brand new gasket for the egr value has to be a silver one from holdens $3-$5. NO silicone used as it's made within the gasket.

if your taking plenum off it's $25 for the brand new rubber kit to go back on.

check the iac is set properly and the o'ring isn't leaking.just put your hand on top of it while it's idling.

maybe also check accelerator cable as well

Attachments

• IAC Valve.jpg
    IAC Valve.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 637
Last edited by a moderator:

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
try spraying brake cleaner or the like at the injectors where they meet the manifold to check if the injector seals are leaking too , if the revs increase when the spray hits the injector then likely the seals are leaking .

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
There's a plastic vacuum pipe that easily comes off the rubber connectors.
Look under the throttle body or the other end on the drivers side at the back of the cylinder head near the bell housing.

StockoVRWagz

Formerly White50L
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Wagon
Update: new leads went in tonight and now it's running on 5 on petrol but mint still on gas..

Yeah new gasket for egr valve, purge hose is still on, swapped and cleaned iac with my other vt while troubleshooting that car too. Checked if injectors were leaking. Valley cover kit just arrived so that's going in this weekend.

Im wondering if it could be a vacuum leak near where the gas line connects to the throttle body?

Last edited:

StockoVRWagz

Formerly White50L
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Wagon
hold on, the mrs has said its been stalling on her and I put it down to the gas convertor freezing up as it needed a bit of coolant. (valley cover lol)

but just checked error codes again and its thrown a code 47, so could it be the cas is on its way out? but then it would be **** on gas too though?