Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC Commodore L help

Wickham_1995

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Senator Signature
I've recently bought a VC Commdore L with a 3.3 202 blue motor and i was just wondering if anyone had some good ideas or mods to help me make it run abit better and gain a little more power without going over the top with modification?

Cheers in advance

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I'd focus on the maintenance timing side of things. Do a full tune up - leads, plugs, rotor, cap etc. make sure that its timing and idle speed are correct (check your workshop manual for these specifics).

Do a compression check. Anything noticeably below 130psi means the motor might be a candidate for at least new rings, new valve seats or both.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Could change the carby to a 34adm webber of a XF Falcon. Works quite well and fairly cheap to do.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Adding two cylinders in a V configuration would be the best cheapest way of upgrade.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
As sandman suggested, an adm 34 is well suited. The verajet's still aren't a bad carb though. You could add a set of extractors for under $100 second hand.

Other than that, get replace the plugs and leads and make sure the timing is set properly. I wouldn't modify it any more than that, purely because holden straight 6 performance parts seem to be stupidly expensive, and for no good reason.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Could change the carby to a 34adm webber of a XF Falcon. Works quite well and fairly cheap to do.
Is that just a matter of swapping the original for the Falcon one? Much of gain?

Cheers
You either need to have an adaptor plate made or have the inlet manifold modified. I haven't done it personally, but from what I can gather, it'll give better driveability and fuel economy - not so much a massive performance mod.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I've got a spare 34 here if you want one too.