Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC Resto - 1JZ GTE - Lemon

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you put a new bolt on something, post it. That’s what we want.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes, when I see the thread unread I go ooo, ooo another update...

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore

Yes, when I see the thread unread I go ooo, ooo another update...

And and you shall receive

Thanks mate will suss them! I think the bolt holes on my K frame are different but will hit the guy up. Means I could test fit my engine and when the shell gets here

More delivery stuff, got some tail light gaskets and some screws for some stuff I’m developing. Might be going a little overkill but it’s the little things, right?

2216CA49-7428-4D32-B545-E07917AF5F56.jpeg

097FBB33-38CD-4DD8-BF7A-BDEED2FCA8B6.jpeg

Parts collection is growing while I wait for paint. Next on the list is Wilwoods and my Front runners

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you need any help grabbing them, holla...More than happy to help out...

Don't take long for parts to stack up....The next step is remembering where they all go

Keep up the good work

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
How big a tyre/rim combo do you want to go on the back?

I've had a few mini-tubbed cars...definitely can't get away with as much these days as last one got kicked off the road even with engineers report.

Next car a vk will get split tubs,showtime custom lower arms & keeping stock fuel tank...looks factory untill next to stock car but will also keep standard diff & wheels as down here most rego inspectors won't look at heavily modified cars anymore.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
And and you shall receive

Thanks mate will suss them! I think the bolt holes on my K frame are different but will hit the guy up. Means I could test fit my engine and when the shell gets here

More delivery stuff, got some tail light gaskets and some screws for some stuff I’m developing. Might be going a little overkill but it’s the little things, right?

View attachment 244051
View attachment 244052

Parts collection is growing while I wait for paint. Next on the list is Wilwoods and my Front runners
Just nutted.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I'd split tub everything after all rego issues down here...pita every year even though I've never been defected or hassled by cops.

9 or 10 inch ride rim be way better for that tyre but would push sidewall out much further creating further clearance issues & you'll end up raising rear too much.

Most end up using drum brakes with 3 3/8 bs as factory rear disc/calipers sit near top way too close to rail...never had wilwoods but think you can have them mounted lower or in middle atleast.

Middle of wheelarch just inside is where tyre will rub...the line between sidewall & tread even if you have decent finger clearance will still scrub with body roll or diff movement.

Really wish mine had that inner section of wheelarch modified so tyre could be tucked & not rub...next car 100% doing it before paint lol.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Tubular lower rear control arms will help you with tyre clearance too. Black Magic Race Cars arms appear to be the pick of the bunch at the moment. Which is what I'll use on mine when I get there