Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR Owners

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Its nice to see iam the butt of peoples jokes the crack happened cause a concrete barrier was in the way of my car to be honest not much stuff gets in the bay a quick air hose gets it good again
VooDoo mite get that clip put in as well but was thinking about it and as mentioned when u close the bonnet the filter cant move i think they put the clip in so it doesnt move forward so when u close the bonnet the filter doesnt pop forward.

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
Its nice to see iam the butt of peoples jokes the crack happened cause a concrete barrier was in the way of my car to be honest not much stuff gets in the bay a quick air hose gets it good again
VooDoo mite get that clip put in as well but was thinking about it and as mentioned when u close the bonnet the filter cant move i think they put the clip in so it doesnt move forward so when u close the bonnet the filter doesnt pop forward.

Yeah the clips purpose is to stop the filter from popping right out.

I think if VCM made those top 3 reassess a bit deeper and a couple mill further back that would really push the filter in nice and tight.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
mine does not have the centre clip as shown in the photo, the otr does not come into contact with the bonnet when closed as mine was doing just that when i first brought it resulting in it rubbing on the under felt and leaving that bonnet fibrous crap everywhere (it was only just touching it). i got a bonnet insert from vcm which fixed the problem.they also informed me that it should not come into contact with the bonnet in any way. vcm has this afternoon acknowleged the problem and found it to be a problem on some of their own cars as well, they are asking for your contact details if you are
affected by the loose air filter so they can send the part once they sort it to rectify the problem. good to see they are on the case!