Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR Owners

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
What i can understand is that clip is not attached to anything it must sit flush with the filter so it doesnt move forward

Yes that is correct. But when I put my hand in either side of the front vents, the filter isn't a sung fit. I can feel a bit of movement.

But if you put a little pressure on top of the OTR it seems to be a snug fit. So I assume once the bonnet is closed it pushes down on the OTR a bit and helps the filter seal properly.

If I get time tomorrow I'll pull the OTR out and have a good look.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Hey Wogboyz just took some pics for you from my phone to see how it looks

The pic where u can see a hole to the ground is the plastic got damaged so i cut a hole in it (it was flopping)

The engine bay pic as u can see i removed the rubber just underneath the wipers gives it some air flow
out of the engine so damaging the plastic i have airflow bit of a homemade job but no one can see it.

Attachments

• Air Box.jpg
    Air Box.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 519
  • Plastic.jpg
    Plastic.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 513
  • Rubber Strip.jpg
    Rubber Strip.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 557

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
I just pulled my OTR out and that centre clip is only to stop the filter coming out. It doesn't push up against the filter like I was hoping.

I might see if I can find a thin strip of neoprene to run along the top and sides of the filter, so it will seal better. I can either glue it in or use some 3m tape if it will stick.

I remember when I had my dirt bike the air filter was foam with a 3-5mm bottom strip of neoprene for sealing. It worked great and there was no need for grease.

Hopefully this will work the same.