Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2010 3.0 SIDI Bad Codes Need Help Please.

alipete

Ban Speed Camera's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive VY CALAIS
Heys Gurus,
My missus wagon has P0017 & P00172, live data calculated load data 22.7%, timing 0% to 17% at idle, LTFT +27% b1, LTFT +10% B2, IGN TIMING AD at idle. I know I will take it for a spin with live data and check it. These are long term codes and have been happening for 36 months. When we went to Melb the engine light went off did clear but come back. The chains aren't rattling on the startup, the car is at 280 km but seem's to run nicely. Drove two Sydney in 2019 ran sweet 1300km trip loaded car engine light was on. I have been running injector cleaner and will run oil flush this week when I do the oil change (pentrite GF-5). When I was scanning at idle the timing advance seemed to be all over the shop should I try the reset function?
Should I be concerned about timing chains? After I do the service and the brakes I might book it in for a Diag as I'm a learner on the scanner but would prefer to fix myself. Also do they respond to an Italian tuneup?
I am really interested in some experienced feedback as I would like to fix it myself, I will check for vacuum leaks soon. No fuel in oil.
Could it be Cam phasers or solenoids & can they be blocked & if so can they be cleaned?
I will clean the Maf
Does the oil breather system need cleaning if so how.
Does this engine have the updated chains being 2010?
So if you can give me some tips to clear codes without doing a chain job, that would be great thanks.
Cheers Peter.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Find the P0017 sensor, remove and clean it. From what I have read, bad chain will show more than 1 cam sensor fault.

Had a P0018 fault, removed and cleaned the cam sensor and it went away for a few days. When it came back, I replaced the sensor and has been ok now for over 12 months.