Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE at dealers

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Syd Homebush had calais, berlina, omega, ss, ssv on display. Like the dual exh on the calais and ss range. Don't like the cheap door handles on the inside and the outside. Don't like the dash on the omega range, looks cheap and ordinary, also the centre audio display is shocking from the drivers seat can't see it in bad sun light directions. Whats with the pop down storage on the roof?. The hand brake design looks shocking. The sound system didn't sound as good as the parents vx . Apart from all this well done Holden. Hope sales increase enough to stay in the field.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
went down to dealer today,my favourite is the calais:thumbsup: , just waiting till they get the caprice to have a close up look, have seen one on the road

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
Today visitied my dealer they got it all except for the calais V how ever the SSv was there they look agreessive, i asked about the caprice n statesmen he said they wud be another 4-6 weeks cant wait seen em on the holden site requested a test drive

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Well, Finally got to go check out the VE range over the weekend. I must say that seeing them for real was a real treat. I was amazed on how well built they look and looks like the quality level is true to that of what they are wanting to achieve. My fav was the VE Calais V. They had a nice one in Phantom with the dark leather interior. I must have sat in the car for about 15mins talking with my partner on what it would like to own one and also playing around with all the gadgets. They fired up an SS-V in the showroom and has a nice growl to it when they tapped the petal. I must say I like the flip out keys. Much better approach to the old big flat fob a lot of us are used too. I go back again next weekend for a drive as they are getting another VE Calais V in for test drives and may have to order one…. Just not sure on how much I will get for my current VZ Calais.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
My wife and I sat in a Calais V for quite a while on Saturday, as well...
I spent 2 hours at Southgate on Saturday morning with my son.... took an SS for a test drive but treated it much gentler than I should have! Next time look out! My wife surprised me later in the afternoon by agreeing to go in and have a look with me - as I expected she liked the Calais V the best - unfortunately she wants to wait until the Series 2 - but like I said to her, we bought a Series 1 VT, and have had 2 different Series 1 VY's. I can see I'll have to work a bit harder on her!

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
went to Sunbury Holden on Sat just gone, they had handful of Omegas (inc an Impulse coloured one, dont get me started :ranting: :bang: ), 3 SV6s, SS, SSV, Calais and Berlina, all auto's, was told that holden aren't making manuals in VE until October, not sure why,and i doubt "so all dealers get stock" is a valid reason...

i do however remember something similar happening when the Alloytec was first released in the Utes and Crewmans though...

i have to say they all look magnificent. My family are on their fifth Commodore, and our VZ going to a VE in Feb, we can't wait. they're such an improvment finish quality-wise over the VT-X-Y-Z platform, they almost dont feel like a Holden.

All i gotta do now is convince dad to get Ignition and not Black, haha.

Originally posted by daveb8
i dont think they will hand the keys to a 19 year old
when you've bought 6 cars for the family thru the same dealer, you dont really need to ask! :dance:

Cheers,

Harri

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I like the look of the black one. As much as i do the ignition. Good paint jobs. Those paintshop guys are champions.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
Do you work in the paintshop by any chance drewins? ;)

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
gargougaflex said:
.....was told that holden aren't making manuals in VE until October, not sure why,and i doubt "so all dealers get stock" is a valid reason...

I suspect that anyone at Holden who knows anything about manual gearboxes has been co-opted to go and help HRT sort out whatever the hell Skaifey and Toddler have been doing to theirs in the V8Supercars for the last few rounds! By October Bathurst will be out of the way so it won't matter after that....:D