Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Battery negative CLAMP?

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Hi all, i have a dual battery setup in my VE series 2 as it was an ex cop. I have re did all the wiring for my sound system, upgraded it to 0 gauge with a big battery isolator inbetween. I am just wondering as i have not grounded my second battery 'through the clamp' that the main battery goes through but just next to the battery. I think by doing that the BCM has no idea how much charge is in the second battery. I notice after a night of the car sitting there, in the morning its sitting at 12.0v which seems a bit low so i think im doing damage somewhere. What would happen if i take the clamp off the main battery completely? would the alternator charge at 100% full all the time? so both batteries are getting proper charge? or would they not charge at all? im too scared to try it. Suggestions?
Thank you

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
Electrics are not my strong suit.
I bought an ex-Police car - with only one battery.
A couple of times, I have had queries, and have phoned or visited the Police Workshop. Both times, I found them very helpful.
So my suggestion is that you ask them if they have any comment to offer in response to your question.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You may need to check that your car is still in dual battery mode. VEs will not charge two batteries properly if it's not in dual battery mode. I believe only Holden can check this for you or perhaps the engineering mode but tell you. Not sure.