Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve beauty cover removal

MacD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0, WH International 5.7, VU SS 5.7
Ve beauty cover removal heater hose relocation

Ve beauty cover removal and heater hose relocation, got the beauty cover off today, to fit the L76 VZ 6.0L split covers.
Not a hard job to do.
Start with cold car left over night is best.
First release pressure from fuel rails, unplug the electrics (clips that attach to fuel rail and the to coil packs), then remove fuel rail bolts plus another 5 that hold a couple of brackets.
Slowly pull up rails evenly until injectors pop out (should be able to lift up rails a few inches).
Now pull the metal clips off that hold the top of the injectors to the rails, remove the injectors (fuel rail can now be lifted right back).
Now you can pull the beauty cover off. :yahoo:
It is a good time now to clean injectors and remove any dirt where the injectors sit in.
Finally apply a good amount of rubber grease to the o-rings on injectors and place back in the manifold, line up rails then seat them in, replace metal clips.
Replace all bolts and clip in electrics.
Turn over engine and check for and leaks, put covers on.
Job done. :yeah:

Attachments

• Bcover2.jpg
    Bcover2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Bcover1.jpg
    Bcover1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 775
  • Bcover.jpg
    Bcover.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 559
  • 6.0Lcover.jpg
    6.0Lcover.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,025
Last edited:

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Nice one. Cheers

benji09ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.05 SSV UTE
Any pictures ?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
dont mean to high jack thread but you have relocated your heater hoses, how easy is it and what parts needed, i heard the early v8 hoses are the ones to use, does anybody have a link to a thread where to look for this, have tried all sorts to of word combo's to find in search no luck

MacD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0, WH International 5.7, VU SS 5.7
dont mean to high jack thread but you have relocated your heater hoses, how easy is it and what parts needed, i heard the early v8 hoses are the ones to use, does anybody have a link to a thread where to look for this, have tried all sorts to of word combo's to find in search no luck

I used the original VE hoses. not hard, the hardest part for me was just getting the hoses off in the first place.
Again cold car.
Get vice grip on clips, pull hoses off (fire wall end), will lose a little coolant, remove the clips so not to scratch the car.
Cut the rubber off that raps around the two hoses, then bend them so they go under the ABS (undone the ABS electrics and the one behind the fuse box, makes it easier to get under the ABS) through the brake lines up to fire wall as you can see in pic's.
Need too cut about 3-4 inches off the end of the hoses to fit nice (do a little at a time, you nearly take the S bend off).
Put clips on, push hoses back on.
Wash any coolant away with water, and check coolant levels (top up if needed) my was still OK. :beer chug: