Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE brake conversion kit

NS245

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows a place to get VE brake conversion kits? Or failing that VT brake conversion kits.
I want to upgrade my VR brakes and have heard the VE brakes are a good swap and easier than the VT brake conversion but I can’t find anywhere that does a full conversion kit. That is if there is somewhere that actually does them.

cheers!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows a place to get VE brake conversion kits? Or failing that VT brake conversion kits.
I want to upgrade my VR brakes and have heard the VE brakes are a good swap and easier than the VT brake conversion but I can’t find anywhere that does a full conversion kit. That is if there is somewhere that actually does them.

cheers!

I've seen kits before can't remeber where.

VE brakes are a lot heavier and VT brakes are quite sufficient for the VR. I have a set of VT brakes if you want them might need a new seal kit as they've been sitting around for a while.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Also I'm not a massive fan of doing just bigger brakes on the front as it makes the arse end a little extra twitchy. It's better to just buy a full alloy caliper kit all round.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Hopper stoppers do upgrade kits

NS245

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
I've seen kits before can't remeber where.

VE brakes are a lot heavier and VT brakes are quite sufficient for the VR. I have a set of VT brakes if you want them might need a new seal kit as they've been sitting around for a while.
Ahk. I’d like the VE brakes but like you said the VT brakes do the job nicely. Are the ones you have front and rear mate? And is there everything needed for a conversion?
cheers

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Ahk. I’d like the VE brakes but like you said the VT brakes do the job nicely. Are the ones you have front and rear mate? And is there everything needed for a conversion?
cheers

I just have fronts.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Race Brakes in Sydney should still do vt m/cyl & booster kit with brake line adaptors...might still be on ebay also have a website.

Pick n payless for calipers...discs & pads buy new.

Other than that may need spacer thing to centre disc.

NS245

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Race Brakes in Sydney should still do vt m/cyl & booster kit with brake line adaptors...might still be on ebay also have a website.

Pick n payless for calipers...discs & pads buy new.

Other than that may need spacer thing to centre disc.
Thanks for that mate, that sounds like what I’m looking for. I’ll check them out. Do you know if the VR discs can be used or are they a different size all together?
cheers!