Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Questions

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
My dad is upgrading next month...

Hes thinking about a VE Calais v6, V6 Honda Accord, Supercharged Aurion, or rav4 with v6 (shivers at the thought).

With the VE Calais v6...

Does it have a 5 or 6 speed auto?

What type of suspension does it have? Like an SV6/SS or something different?

Is the V6 the same as that in the Omega or as that in the SV6, and how many Kw is that?

Also, from the Calais owners, what is your average fuel per 100km?

What other standard features are there that I should make him awear of to sway his decision??

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V & VZ Storm Ute
The V6 Calais has a 5 speed auto (the 6 speed is only in the V8).

It has FE2 suspension - same as SV6 and SS.

It uses the more powerful V6 - 195kw.

Look on the Holden website for more info on the features. But tell your father to go look at each of those cars, take them for a test drive, and I reckon he we definitely go for the Calais.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
The V6 Calais has a 5 speed auto (the 6 speed is only in the V8).

It has FE2 suspension - same as SV6 and SS.

It uses the more powerful V6 - 195kw.

Look on the Holden website for more info on the features. But tell your father to go look at each of those cars, take them for a test drive, and I reckon he we definitely go for the Calais.

I think the CalaisV came with the FE2.

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Buy the Feb issue of Wheels and put it in front of him......that should do the trick. ;)
The RAV4 didnt make the grade, the Honda legend didnt make the grade so why would the accord...(grandpa's car?..probably a nice ride for a small, dull car)....and the Aurion......? Hey!, it came second........Ok fab V6 and box but too many negatives....plastic, cheap add-ons, poor driving seat adjustment availability, lack lustre seating in general, stoneage suspension and its ESP is NOT designed for Australia.....still dull handling???:sleeping:
If I buy a car I want it to be able to handle most of what you throw at it, and Im not talking racing car driving........your dad's idea of a supercharged Aurion..........wooooohoooooooo......in a straight line!.....I'd just hate to have to feed that thing through a bend with some weird camber or such!:shutup:

not just my honest opinion....
a very happy VE Calais owner.
Rogues

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
:D Wooooo

I did convince him to buy the SS over a 318i, but that was easy... Now he's all caught up in the hype of the Aurion...

I'll start tonight :D this will be fun :D

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Go the Calais....
Its a very good drivers car. Has all the luxuries Im sure he would like. I suggest a test drive... That will show him and Im sure 5 mins in one he will want to own one...

An extremely happy Calais V owner!

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
As I said, put Feb 'Wheels' in front of him and unless he's a 'cardigan wearer' Aurion is gooooooooone!!
Quote: Aurion is essentially a Camry with a V6, insufficient range of steering column and seat height adjustment, Ideal driving position not possible, fails to match the rear seat comfort of large cars, shoulder room not good, bum room tight.slowish steering, and traction control reacts too slowly. Its poor VDC (ESP) "is scary" and is unable to arrest slides on slippery surfaces. Is VDC is a major issue but squeezy rear seat, compromised boot, stodgy driving characteristics, tack on body kit and several smaller ergonomic and quality concerns contributes to it getting the 'thumbs down'.
Just my thoughts, Rogues;)

boleh

Reaction score
It depends on what your dad wants. If he wants good looks, RWD and better handling, then its Calais/V. But if he prefers a car full of latest gadgets and include some of near-futuristic all included.. then it's the Aurion Presara.

Calais V V6 ($53,490) vs. Aurion Presara ($49,990)

Calais V has over Aurion:
- DVD player

Aurion has over Calais V:
- Satellite navigation (optional on Calais V, cost a few grand)
- HID headlights (this is only found in Caprice of the Holden's lux)
- Sunroof (optional on Calais V, a few grand, again)
- Touch entry (borrowed from Toyota's Lexus dept)
- Engine push start button (again, Lexus)

But... again, if I was him, I'd go Calais (V8)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
He's only looking at the Calais (not Calais V) and just the V6

He's not really into gadgets, but he is getting all caught up in all the hype about the aurion. He keeps going on about the TRD V6s and all that...

He did say he had a look at a Calais today and he liked it... Hasn't gone for a drive yet though. I'll have to take him on the weekend or something

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
He's only looking at the Calais (not Calais V) and just the V6

He's not really into gadgets, but he is getting all caught up in all the hype about the aurion. He keeps going on about the TRD V6s and all that...

He did say he had a look at a Calais today and he liked it... Hasn't gone for a drive yet though. I'll have to take him on the weekend or something

so are you getting his ss then?:w00t: