Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Questions

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Well Hopefully :D either that or it sits in the garage till im off my ps :( Or God forbid he sell's it to someone else :cry:

I prefer option one. We'll see how that goes :p

But even so, I'll still be bugging him to let me take the VE (fingers and toes crossed) out on the weekend :p

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well... Looks like he's leaning much more towards the ZR6 whatever its called (Aurion)...

He's major worry about the Calais / Commodore is that they're too big, and he's worried about the flared gaurds... :(

I've convinced him to at least take both for a test drive (with me of course :D) and we'll see how it goes...

Do Holden have test drives that go for a few hours or something?? Like hyundai and mazda have 24 hour test drives, do holden have like a 12 hour or something like that??

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Didnt you say it was your Dad........?? he's had flares before, trust me.
Mate, if he doesnt, or wont read.......read it to him...there are so many reviews on the net from independents that his job is made so much easier.
I even read a recent article on the NRMA website about Aurion, and although good it still mentioned flaws that I would consider a turnoff.
Their quote, 'Aurion is in reality a V6 Camry'.........if he wants a 'plastic fantastic riceburner' he's definitely heading for 'Cardigan Country'.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Well... Looks like he's leaning much more towards the ZR6 whatever its called (Aurion)...

He's major worry about the Calais / Commodore is that they're too big, and he's worried about the flared gaurds... :(

I've convinced him to at least take both for a test drive (with me of course :D) and we'll see how it goes...

Do Holden have test drives that go for a few hours or something?? Like hyundai and mazda have 24 hour test drives, do holden have like a 12 hour or something like that??

i think you can test drive one for a day ( 9-5 ) but i think you have to put down a depoist, just in case anything goes wrong.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
This should probably go into the pub section now...

We went to see a toyota... My dad sat in it, and as soon as he did the smile was wiped from his face... He said it reminded him of a toyota camry he had to drive for work once, and he couldn't wait to get out of it.

Next we went to see a VW Passat V6... I thought, nahh... no way... I had a look at it, sat in it and what not.. And its actually not a bad car... Not my favorite.. but not as bad as I thought..

Next we went to look at a suburu liberty GT (spec A & spec B) .... By far my favorite so far (apart from the Calais)...

He's pretty much rulled out the calais, doesnt really like the Passat after being in it (very restricted vision out the front and back), and can no longer look at the aurion the same way...

So at the moment, its between a liberty GT spec A and liberty GT spec B ... the spec B has 18" rims, and bullstein(sp?) suspension (firm). Full leather interior, sports seats, and very very very classy and stylish interior.

Next weekend we've got all three (aurion, Calais, Liberty spec B) booked in for a test drive...

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Last edited:

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
The V6 Calais has a 5 speed auto (the 6 speed is only in the V8).

It has FE2 suspension - same as SV6 and SS.

It uses the more powerful V6 - 195kw.

Look on the Holden website for more info on the features. But tell your father to go look at each of those cars, take them for a test drive, and I reckon he we definitely go for the Calais.
calais has FE1.5 not FE2

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
The winner was the liberty GT spec B

The VE Calais V v6 was taken for a test drive but there was something wrong with that car, It was very sluggish and smelt like it was on fire, and wasnt even being pushed... Unfortunatly that turned my dad off the VE :cry: i was devestated because I loved it... Welll... apart from the burning smell haha