Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore engine mount replacement

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Is the car in the video and your own cars same as this?

1637972595274.jpg

1637972634600.png

1637972665668.jpg

This one seems to have a different exhaust, which is complicating things. Other side it is easy as to come in from the front through the wheel well.

But the driver's side...well, as I was struggling on my back with **** in my eyes, a herd of a million very tiny but particularly creep-crawly ants appeared from nowhere and swarmed all over me. They are going to get the Pif Paf in a minute.

I pulled the sump out to clean the pickup first, which was shocking. Very easy in this one.

Anyways, back at it. They have to come out, one way or another. Thanks for help.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Just to confirm the nuts for the engine mounts are 18mm? I’ve also heard they were 19mm

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Yes, they were 18mm on this car. And the new mounts had 18mm in the box. For the VZ, I have found 18mm and 19mm in the box, depending on brand.

I had the harmonic balancer off already for the sump, so I let the freon out and moved the pipes and compressor and I just got in there. It was a pain in the bum and cost extra for gas.

I just couldn't loosen that nut with a flexible ratchet like the video. No room under the exhaust, and it was on there so tight. I lowered the subframe to swap the mounts. I don't know if it is necessary but that part was easy.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Have to do engine mounts in my ve ss but mine has decat pipes so might make access a bit easier

ozyjimbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
i have just undone the top nuts on my 2008 VE was very easy 3/8 flex head deeper 18mm socket from Bunnings and a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer as i wanted a smaller deep socket than the one that was on offer in the 3/8 range used a 200mm 30x30 rhs as a breaker and a thicker grip to that of the rachet