Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension cleaning and price rec.

BrooklynO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING HERE, JUST ASKING FOR ADVICE.

Hey there, I’ve just recently joined and had a question about commodore suspension. I have a 2009 VE Calais and inherited some racing grade suspension. I recently got it replaced as the top mounts broke and am now looking to sell them.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what price I should list them for? I believe they’re Shockworks NSSLRs. They will all need a replacement top mount so I’ll probably discount the cost by 300

Additionally, does anyone know the best method for cleaning shocks to avoid rust but make them look as fresh as possible? Hoping that’ll help get rid of them faster.

Thanks team!

Crunchy Granola

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore,77 Charger,Cagiva Raptor 1000
I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING HERE, JUST ASKING FOR ADVICE.

Hey there, I’ve just recently joined and had a question about commodore suspension. I have a 2009 VE Calais and inherited some racing grade suspension. I recently got it replaced as the top mounts broke and am now looking to sell them.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what price I should list them for? I believe they’re Shockworks NSSLRs. They will all need a replacement top mount so I’ll probably discount the cost by 300

Additionally, does anyone know the best method for cleaning shocks to avoid rust but make them look as fresh as possible? Hoping that’ll help get rid of them faster.

Thanks team!
Maybe try an auction site like e-bay starting at your minimum price to check for interest. Wiping metal and painted parts with WD-40 is an old trick to tart things up a bit. Polish the shock rod with fine Scotch Brite, if there's rust pitting on the rod it's there for good.