Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore - What do you think?

DO you like the all new VE Commodore

• Luv it. Going to buy one when they are 4 sale.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • It looks good but I want more info.

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • It may have to grow on me first.

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • I'm a Holden enthusiast. Gotta like it or DAD will kill me.. :)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Hmmm.. Dont like Astras. Whoops, its a Commodore.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Rather get a FORD.. 8-{

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
reality is, who cares about what it looks like to an extent, the thing that will make it sell is how it drives, how it performs, how efficent it is and what the features vs price is like. hopefully holden have hit a winner here, i sure hope for their sake that they have given the cost to develop it. sure it does look european, someone from holden i was talking to the other week said that it turned out to look like an audi, who cares, GMH are exporting huge now so why not bring it up to the world scale of looks and features.

dont judge a book by its cover, i think that philosophy can be applied here, lets wait to see how it performs and sells then make a judgement on wether its a sucess or a failure. no one here has even driven one yet so lets not bag it less than 12hr after it was unvailed

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
i think it is going to have to grow on me for now, i like the front of them especially the ss, but its the back that just looks out of wack, bit to high for my liking... but it will end up growing onme just like the vy did

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
I think that it should read:

It may have to grow ON me!

blackahcdx

Reaction score
LMFAO @ "grow in me'

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
Heres a chop of the key, I have lightened it to show more detail

ve key.JPG

And is this a 3.5mm input jack for attaching ipods, etc?
3_5mm input jack.JPG

grooVY

how big of a monkey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2
i think its great. front end could be edgier - bit plain. interiors are very well presented, caprice is world class. it will still have to grow on me but i reckon we will all come to love it. the mighty commodore looks like it finally gets the quality it deserves.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
yes its got a flick key and yes that is a jack for iPods ect

GENIIIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Commodore
Just my 2 cents aswell...

I believe that the new VE is a revolutionary design which incorporates 21st century aggressive styling while at the same time not forgetting its roots and thus still having design cues from the older VY-Z models. IMHO I think the car looks great and the jump in torque on the V8 models will cancel out the extra weight, bringing it inline with the acceleration of the VZ SS. This is really a car to drool over and every aspect of it has been carefully designed and engineered to take on the best the world has to offer.

Where else in the world can you get 270kWs, 19 inch wheels, bodykit, colourcoded interior with a massive line of standard features for under $55,000?

Holden should be congratulated on an immense job well done, however there are my criticisms...

1. STAY AWAY from the orange paint on the SS V. That colour will be out of fashion before it dries on the car (think tiger mica on the VT)

2. The rear lights look too much like a Mitsu 380 VRX.

3. The alloys on the Calias V look like crap.

4. The ZF gearbox is still going to trounce the GM six speed anyday,and Ford can use that to their advantage.

Before I go, let me say that Orion is going to have to be one hell of a peice of machinery to come out on top of the VE. Ford have a very tough road ahead and good luck to them.

BTW, I will be putting my order in for a black ss v at the end of this year, Holden have won me over.

Cheers...:wave: