Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Fog Lights

sweet VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE- SS- S2
anyone ever replaced the standard VE Fog Lights with spot beams or similar ?
and has anyone got a suggestion for hi beam bulbs without going HID ?

sweet VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE- SS- S2
splcrazy
they look great ! but mine is 2013 S2
il look around for a set that fit were they as good as your Hibeam ?

sweet VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE- SS- S2
found 2 sets that fit and the price is $100 difference between them , i guess good lights arnt cheap and cheap lights arnt good
do you know what type the bulbs are H ?

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
found 2 sets that fit and the price is $100 difference between them , i guess good lights arnt cheap and cheap lights arnt good
do you know what type the bulbs are H ?

They are special hid bulbs dont know what part number they are . highbeam is different than fogs . highbeam gives you distance . fog lights increases midrange well thats at least how it appeared to me it alluminated a good portion of the bottom area of the road ahead . driving in pitch black areas with them on was incredible .
i changed out the highbeams with xenon bulbs and lost distance lighting. better to leave the stock highbeam bulbs in .

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340

good job . they are easy to fit . the passenger side is really easy , from memory i had to remove the air filter tubing to get to it from inside the engine . the drivers side is a bit more hard think i had to remove the wheel then just pull the plastic clips out and move the cover out of the way . remember to wear some kind of surgical gloves you cant touch the stock bulbs or the new bulbs in the kit with bare fingers it will kill the bulbs as the oils on our fingers hands ruins the light bulbs .

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
anyone ever replaced the standard VE Fog Lights with spot beams or similar ?
and has anyone got a suggestion for hi beam bulbs without going HID ?

the reflectors on fog lights are designed to SPREAD the light
high beams are designed to FOCUS the light on one point
unfortunately putting in a different globe will not change how the fog light and this reflectors spread the light.

as splcrazy suggested, a different, non-holden light to replace your fog light may help...but you said it's an S2 and they don't make them :(

bug the seller, they may end up making them, lots of VE S2's around!

(assume you mean like this? - pic is an S1 with DRL and fog lights?)

VE-05-SSV-DRL-S.jpg

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
good job . they are easy to fit . the passenger side is really easy , from memory i had to remove the air filter tubing to get to it from inside the engine . the drivers side is a bit more hard think i had to remove the wheel then just pull the plastic clips out and move the cover out of the way . remember to wear some kind of surgical gloves you cant touch the stock bulbs or the new bulbs in the kit with bare fingers it will kill the bulbs as the oils on our fingers hands ruins the light bulbs .

Are you talking about the VE or the VF?

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
the reflectors on fog lights are designed to SPREAD the light
high beams are designed to FOCUS the light on one point
unfortunately putting in a different globe will not change how the fog light and this reflectors spread the light.

as splcrazy suggested, a different, non-holden light to replace your fog light may help...but you said it's an S2 and they don't make them :(

bug the seller, they may end up making them, lots of VE S2's around!

(assume you mean like this? - pic is an S1 with DRL and fog lights?)

VE-05-SSV-DRL-S.jpg