Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega 2007: How to unlock rear seats for installation of seat covers

ve_omega2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2007
Hi Guys
Desperate assistance required for above mentioned. just purchased the car and now have been trying since yesterday to find any latch on the rear seats to unlock the rear left and right seats however no success so far. Can anyone help.

Regards

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
What do you mean unlock rear seats?

If you want to remove them:

"There are two clips for the lower portion of the rear bench seat, they are located on the footwell edge, in the centers of the two outer seat positions. Pull them straight up quite hard, and they "pop" out.

Rang the dealer to check cause I couldn't get my seats out the old fashioned way, and this was the method, and it works a treat, very easy removal of seats...

The back reast portion removal is as per tradition; bolts and locating lugs...
"

Info stolen from "Coast_Calais" reply in another thread.

ve_omega2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2007
Sorry if i did not make any sense by my statement of 'unlocking'. What i meant is that i want to install seat covers on my rear seats. Don't know how i do it, in my opinion the vertical portion of the seats should bend forward a bit so as to install the seat covers starting from top. Similarly, the resting portion of seat should come forward a bit so as to give some space to tighten the strings of seat covers. Can you get it now.

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
The seat backs have bolts at the bottom that need to be removed and they have hooks on the back that go into holes in the panel behind the seats so you cant just lean them forward a bit.
After removing the bottom seat cushion as Rusty described above, undo the bolts at the bottom of the seat backs and slide them up so you can tuck the covers in behind before putting them back on and bolting them in.
Once you have adjusted the cover tension for the backs you can then slip the bottom cushion into the cover and slide that back into position without clipping down the front edge so you can still get you hands under it to tighten the cover.
When done just push the front edge of the seat down to lock it in place.