Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE omega wiring problem?

kayyyz

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Been noticing a few things about my VE omega sedan 2007 model! This is the first car iv had, only had it just over a year! The headlights dim at night when winding up the windows it also sounds like it struggles to put up two windows at the same time making all the lights dim, my stereo (stock) volume rises the faster i go also turns down when i slow down, which is annoying. . My sterios CD player had also stopped taking CD's for 2 days then it was all fine and played like normal, it automatically turns off when I open the driver door, for 2 weeks I noticed when I got out my stereo was still playing with the car off and locked so I had to keep turning it off by its separate power button now it turns off when the driver door opens, my speakers stopped working all but one small one on my dash board for a month, I tell people what happens but when they check it all seems to go back to normal but its always doing something new iv noticed more things happen aswel, could this be a wiring problem somewhere I can tell someone to look at or is it something else!

Eagle-1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Been noticing a few things about my VE omega sedan 2007 model! This is the first car iv had, only had it just over a year! The headlights dim at night when winding up the windows it also sounds like it struggles to put up two windows at the same time making all the lights dim, my stereo (stock) volume rises the faster i go also turns down when i slow down, which is annoying. . My sterios CD player had also stopped taking CD's for 2 days then it was all fine and played like normal, it automatically turns off when I open the driver door, for 2 weeks I noticed when I got out my stereo was still playing with the car off and locked so I had to keep turning it off by its separate power button now it turns off when the driver door opens, my speakers stopped working all but one small one on my dash board for a month, I tell people what happens but when they check it all seems to go back to normal but its always doing something new iv noticed more things happen aswel, could this be a wiring problem somewhere I can tell someone to look at or is it something else!

your radio volume is on noise control if you look in ya hand book it tell you how to turn it off

your power problem might be your battery or alternator

go and get it fixed :blah blah:

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Sounds to me that the alternator isn't putting out it's required voltage, therefore your electrics are starving for power.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
sounds to me like it's within spec.

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
Definitely battery or alternator.
Go get your battery replaced. 6 years is a good rule of thumb for good battery life,
Also you could get you battery load tested,
And check that engine off you have 12v, and engine on you have somewhere from 13.6-14.4.

This can be done from engineering mode.

Matt