Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve phone button?

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Just bought a 07 omega, it has the phone button on the steering wheel, when i press it phone comes up on the display, but when I search bluetooth devices, nothing is found. Am I missing something?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Just bought a 07 omega, it has the phone button on the steering wheel, when i press it phone comes up on the display, but when I search bluetooth devices, nothing is found. Am I missing something?

missing the bluetooth module behind the glovebox they are not standard on omega

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
No you're not missing anything...

RTFM dude. You're doing it wrong. The car has to discover your phone, not the other way around.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
The manual said to search for the car, not the other way round, hence me asking the question, so if it needs a module, does anyone know how much?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
No you're not missing anything...

RTFM dude. You're doing it wrong. The car has to discover your phone, not the other way around.

are you 100% sure?, as mine doesnt have the bluetooth module, but when i press the phone button on the wheel it just shows up a phone picture but i dont have bluetooth

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
are you 100% sure?, as mine doesnt have the bluetooth module, but when i press the phone button on the wheel it just shows up a phone picture but i dont have bluetooth

Bluetooth is optional on Omega but std on all other models.

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
1/ Turn the phone on and activate bluetooth

2/ Turn ignition in vehicle to accessory

3/ On your phone, select 'Search devices' or whatever you select to look for other bluetooth devices

4/ Your phone should see 'Vehicle BT'. This is your car's bluetooth signal.

5/ Select it and pair with Vehicle BT. The owner manual states to use the password '1234' which is just something generic to pair with the devices.

6/ Once the connection is made the car's bluetooth will turn the CD/Radio music off and switch to Voice. You'll notice it when your speakers make a slight whine that sharply increases and then dissappears quickly. That's just the head unit adjusting the gain from the signal it receives from your phone when someone talks to you. For the SSV model, you should see Voice In displayed on the screen when this happens.

7/ Now that the phone is paired with the car (You can pair more phones if you like at the same time) the car's bluetooth takes care of the rest. You'll hear the receiver in your car's speakers and the microphones are located near the overhead interior light. So you just need to go on your phone to activate a call and that's it.

8/ As for the call button on the steering wheel - If you are receiving a call, you'll see a phone symbol on the instrument cluster dot matrix. Push the steering wheel button once to pickup or hold it to hang up on the caller during ringing (teeheehee). If you made a call before on your phone, press the button twice to redial that number and the phone symbol on the instrument cluster dot matrix will appear.

I'm just going off for memory with the bluetooth in my SSV. Please correct me if I'm wrong as this info might slightly differ for the Omega but I believe that the system is the same throughout the model range. It also helps to consult your vehicle's manual if something doesn't make sense.

Hope this helps.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
For the SSV model, you should see Voice In displayed on the screen when this happens.

the SS too

Now that the phone is paired with the car (You can pair more phones if you like at the same time)

4 pones maximum ( who needs more ay ? )

As for the call button on the steering wheel - If you are receiving a call, you'll see a phone symbol on the instrument cluster dot matrix. Push the steering wheel button once to pickup or hold it to hang up on the caller during ringing (teeheehee). If you made a call before on your phone, press the button twice to redial that number and the phone symbol on the instrument cluster dot matrix will appear.

this is the great stuff that they don't write it in the manual :thumbsup:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Bluetooth is optional on Omega but std on all other models.

dont think so, its standard on the ss & ssv utes not sure about calais & berlina but its and option on omega & sv6 ute