Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve phone button?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
It's standard on the Berlina. I use it all the time. While you are talking to someone too, you can adjust the volume of the call and it will remember that volume next time too. When you hang up it will go back to the original volume selected for the radio/cd. You can also adjust the fade and balance for it during a call too. I've adjusted it to the front drivers side speaker to minimise the echo. But like the volume it will go back to your normal setting once you hang up your call and go back to the radio.

Also the price. They are about $400 from holden and an extra $200 for installation. They are easy to install (all plug and play) if you wanna save yourself some cash. I looked at getting one for my dads omega but it's a bit pricey.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Just thought I would let you know for anyone else who is looking at doing it. The bluetooth module cost $320 from Holden, and it took me about 30mins to install, it was as simple as pull the glovebox out, plug in cable to the dealer option plug, run mic cable to the interior light up the pillar, plug in mic, and away you go. Works great, no worries there. What was interesting though, was it came with a vy/vz plug that looked as though it was the adapter to plug into the phone socket on the the vy or vz, so it might even be possible to hook that bluetooth kit up to a vz, for those who want a factory look to the bluetooth kit in their vy/vz

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Yep it's that simple. Found one on ebay for my dad (cost $200) fitted with-in 30mins.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
just activate the bluetooth search on your phone then double tap the phone button on your steering wheel and it will find it.. like previously posted password is 1234 then it will connect everytime your phone is within 10m of the car...

What i find annoying is when i am cleaning the car or the ignition is on it connects to my phone which is inside the house and you dont know who is calling you... also when you are talking on the phone and you turn off the car it doesnt switch back to the handset you have to wait in the car till you end the call... anyone else have those issues ?

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
just activate the bluetooth search on your phone then double tap the phone button on your steering wheel and it will find it.. like previously posted password is 1234 then it will connect everytime your phone is within 10m of the car...

What i find annoying is when i am cleaning the car or the ignition is on it connects to my phone which is inside the house and you dont know who is calling you... also when you are talking on the phone and you turn off the car it doesnt switch back to the handset you have to wait in the car till you end the call... anyone else have those issues ?

Not sure with other brands, but I have a Nokia N81, and when I jump out, I can go to call options, and choose headset, then is disconnects.

As for the 10m thing, yeah sometimes it can be a pain in the ass when it connects when you dont want to

tcleary

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore sv6
tcleary

how do i turn up the micraphone so when i am speaking to someone they can hear me i can hear them but they say i am very faint i have a factory fitted bluetooth in my ve commodore

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
While talking on the phone turn up the volume with the stereo volume knob. This will turn up your speakers in the car but won't turn up your microphone. Unfortunately you can't turn up the microphone. It is located in your interior light (you'll see some little slits on it). If anything direct your voice more to that direction.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i got a nokia e51 and i just push the button to switch between bluetooth and handset
oh and if you hold the button down you get voice dialing

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Its not the only place holden have put a button in the VE that doesnt work... How about the Nav button on the Calais and SS-V's that didnt get the nav option added...

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
The phone connecting when its in the house and I get in the car outside is a pain but it worked for me the other day.
Could not find the phone anywhere, not in the house or car or anwhere I searched. Gave up and got in th car which was parked on the street to leave and next thing the phone connected!!!!
Turned out it was in my wifes car which was parked behind mine on the street.

The factory bluetooth in my SSV is great and far better than the blue ants and parrots I have used before

As for the 10m thing, yeah sometimes it can be a pain in the ass when it connects when you dont want to