Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rear Diffuser

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I was driving behind a SSV the other day that had the G8 style rear diffuser, and it didnt look half bad..

considering getting one, though just a couple of questions..

The ones on ebay say 'small' modifications are required to the rear bumper. anyone that has installed one know what these 'mods' are?

And, do they fit the sportwagons? it say's it does, but not too sure.
anyone with one installed on their sportwagon i would love to see some photos

cheers, Troy

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I fitted one also. One question I have to ask though is that it says you have a SV6. Do you have quad outlets? I am just concerned it wont look very good with the basic SV6 exhust tips

Also some advice after now fitting two. We find that its better to actually attack the rear bar a little with a dremel rather than simply modifying the tabs on the G8 version. You are meant to get rid of one of the tags if you read the 'how to' we simply dremeled a slot in the bar so you could use it. It's not like anybody would ever see it anyway.

IMG_3808.jpg

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Well **** me! Thanks for directing me to that write up, didn't find it!

Ye Ive got an sv6 with just the twin outlets, though why would it look strange with the g8 diffuser, the outlets don't change from the standard to the g8 do they?

And I know this may seem abit stupid, but if you want to change back to the standard one later can you just swap them back over?

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
he meant your exhuast tips.. it might look a bit funny.. whereas the ss has quad tips and they fill the gap abit more

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
he meant your exhuast tips.. it might look a bit funny.. whereass the ss has quad tips and they fill the gap abit more

spot on.

The SV6 had a single tip each side is all I meant. But the diffuser on the SV6 is the same as the SS so I understand wanting to change it.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
put the diffuser on and if it looks weird that gives you an incentive to upgrade the exhaust system ;)

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
he meant your exhuast tips.. it might look a bit funny.. whereas the ss has quad tips and they fill the gap abit more

Yes but the cutout for the exhaust tips is exactly the same on the standard one on the sv6 and the SS, and that doesn't look funny, that was my point, that the standard one is the same on both SV6 and SS. So the g8 cut outs will be the same ****...