Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Seat Warmers

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I think all the gay blokes like them... gives their boyfriends something warm to slip into when they get home on a chilly winters night!! lol ... OH JUST KIDDING!!!

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
or if we bought more, but we don't

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
As i said. Name me a brand. You seem to be overly worried about Commodore losing market share because they dont have said arse warmers. Im trying to understand where your viewpoint is coming from, your one word answers arent really helping to get your point across.

Overly worried? Losing market share? :rofl: Wow, you really do have a good imagination!

Mate, I got my point across in my first post in this thread. Then you took something I didn’t even say and tried to start an argument over it. I didn’t feel like arguing and wanted to get back on topic but you still persisted. THEN you took something else I didn’t say and tried to start an argument about that! WHO RATTLED YOUR FKN CAGE ANYWAY?? :ranting:

I suggest you go back and read my posts #2 and #4 CAREFULLY. I never suggested that anyone would choose a 4 cyl over a 6/8 cyl merely because it has seat warmers. I never said there is a locally designed/built small car with ass warmers, so I don’t know where you’re going with that one either. I never said that Commodores would lose market share by not having ass warmers.

My point was (and this is quite simple, so follow me here) that when cheaper cars (regardless of whether they’re a 4 cyl and regardless of where they’re designed/built) start being released with certain features (in this case - seat warmers) which aren’t available in more expensive cars, SOME people MAY start to ask why not.

It happened to us – when we test drove a Cruze for the missus, she asked if my SSV also had seat warmers and then asked why not, given that it cost almost twice as much as a Cruze. I should reiterate (in case you take me out of context again) that I personally don’t really care for seat warmers; I was merely making (what I thought was) a simple observation.

There you go, a long-winded and emotive response – I hope that works for ya...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Overly worried? Losing market share? :rofl: Wow, you really do have a good imagination!
I really dont know what you're getting so worked up about? You had your opinion, thinking that the Commodore would fall behind other cars, other cars made for a different sector of the market by not having seat warmers as a feature, and i simply stated my opinion on this, maybe if you cant stand to have people have a different viewpoint to you you're the person who should walk away?

My point was (and this is quite simple, so follow me here) that when cheaper cars (regardless of whether they’re a 4 cyl and regardless of where they’re designed/built) start being released with certain features (in this case - seat warmers) which aren’t available in more expensive cars, SOME people MAY start to ask why not.
And this was my point...

You went there looking at a Cruze. If the VE had of had seat warmers aswell would you have put the VE further up in your pick of cars instead of the Cruze, if what you went to look at was a small, four cylinder car?

Likewise if you went to look at a VE for the size and power, but the Cruze, a smaller car with less power, had a feature, would you totally change your mind based on that?

I can see where you're coming from, truly i can. When i made my comment i didnt mean it in an arsehole, fight causing way, i was simply offering my opinion of my viewpoint based on what you'd said. Sorry if you got the wrong end of the stick

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I really dont know what you're getting so worked up about? You had your opinion, thinking that the Commodore would fall behind other cars, other cars made for a different sector of the market by not having seat warmers as a feature, and i simply stated my opinion on this, maybe if you cant stand to have people have a different viewpoint to you you're the person who should walk away?

I actually did try to walk away twice.

You went there looking at a Cruze. If the VE had of had seat warmers aswell would you have put the VE further up in your pick of cars instead of the Cruze, if what you went to look at was a small, four cylinder car?

Likewise if you went to look at a VE for the size and power, but the Cruze, a smaller car with less power, had a feature, would you totally change your mind based on that?

Of course not, that would be ludicrous. But that's not what I was getting at.

I can see where you're coming from, truly i can. When i made my comment i didnt mean it in an arsehole, fight causing way, i was simply offering my opinion of my viewpoint based on what you'd said. Sorry if you got the wrong end of the stick

Apology accepted. Sorry if I got worked up. Lets move on now...

paynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute

And this was my point...

Just have some nice tucker that makes you fart and just hope you can fart enough to warm up your seat, make sure there is no one else in the car if this is the preferred way for heating your seating.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
So far have been able to find out the switches are located near the Trans where traction control button is. For those of you who have a Calais V with front parking sensors this will be no go for you as your buttons are already taken up. This could possibly work on a SS V Sedan, Wagon or Ute.

Have also found the seat heater light indicators are wired up the wrong way compared to earlier G8’s as 1 light is suppose to indicate mild warmth but instead means blistering hot and 3 which is supposed to be blistering hot is mild warm. These warmers have already failed for whatever reason in some cars, but from what has been said to me the whole seat doesn’t need to be replaced just apart or something that is located inside the seat, which is apparently easy to get in and out. So am guessing there is space in our Australian seats for this function.

As someone had a cloth 4 way seat and changed it to a 6way leather seat with warmers it was just plug and play. Also just looking at the picture in sports mode there up shift is towards the front of the car where ours in Australia is towards the rear.

From Owners' Manual Page 1-5
On vehicles with heated seats, the controls are located on the center console. To operate the heated seats the ignition must be on.

A light indicates that the feature is working. The number of indicator lights shows the level of heat selected; one for low, two for medium, and three for high. Press the button to cycle through the temperature settings and to turn the heat off

pontiac_g8_gt_2009_interior_gearshi.jpg