Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Sedan-Headliner sagging

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ve posted two walk throughs on doing a roof lining. They were posted in two of my car build threads.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Heck, it doesn't even have front grab handles at all :D
I did my headliner sometime ago,not a hard job,too many things to take off and install, front reading light and rear light holes was bit hard to cover but managed, if you use thick material you have to use longer screws for the front and rear grab handles.Total cost was $ 125 and Saturday arvo..

Attachments

• 20240227_195401.jpg
    20240227_195401.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 31

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Had my wagon done last year. I think it was 'Joe' (could have his name wrong). D&J Motor Trimmers in Moorabbin. He does a lot of these. Now while his operation 'looks' a bit shonky (laneway) he did a gr8 job and $360 for a wagon with o/h DVD is bloody good. Matched my material and does not use cheap stuff.

Tip: Check that all your interior lighting (domes, map lights (if Omega's have these), glove box (ditto), boot light) is working correctly and check them on pickup.
Edit - Also the sunvisor lights - but not in Omega?
Or, you could try it yourself, but a motor trimmer I aint.

Last edited:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Had my wagon done last year. I think it was 'Joe' (could have his name wrong). D&J Motor Trimmers in Moorabbin. He does a lot of these. Now while his operation 'looks' a bit shonky (laneway) he did a gr8 job and $360 for a wagon with o/h DVD is bloody good. Matched my material and does not use cheap stuff.

Tip: Check that all your interior lighting (domes, map lights (if Omega's have these), glove box (ditto), boot light) is working correctly and check them on pickup.
Edit - Also the sunvisor lights - but not in Omega?
Or, you could try it yourself, but a motor trimmer I aint.
Right thanks for the recommendation... I've checked all interior lights and they seem to be working well, and no, the Omega doesn't have any map lights or sun visor lights AFAIK... Only 1 light for the front passengers and 1 for the rear, so my quote should be cheaper...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Don’t use pins. The roof has wiring a harness going all across it. A pin through that will create some issues.
Since it's an Omega, doesn't the harness only go through the middle? There is only 2 or 3 of pins on the headliner and all lights seem to be working well, though I won't be putting any more...
I’ve posted two walk throughs on doing a roof lining. They were posted in two of my car build threads.
Do you possibly have the links to your build threads? Or were they just in your old VE Calais build thread?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Since it's an Omega, doesn't the harness only go through the middle? There is only 2 or 3 of pins on the headliner and all lights seem to be working well, though I won't be putting any more...

Do you possibly have the links to your build threads? Or were they just in your old VE Calais build thread?
They are I. Two build threads. I’ll have to find them. There was also the Calais thread but you’ve seen that one.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The trick is not to lay the whole lot in one go. Lay it out. Work it into the shape. Stretch it a bit. Then fold half back. Spray it in small sections. Work it down a bit at a time. When you finish one half, flip over the other half and repeat.