Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II - Holden IQ - Audio upgrade help

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
How I labotomised my IQ:
[video=youtube_share;xnZqQ8o22OQ]http://youtu.be/xnZqQ8o22OQ[/video]

Last edited:

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE II SV6 NITRATE SPORTWAGON
Hi Pir4te, check config-radio-frequency scan. It can be set to local, distant ect, also alternate frequency. If not try it again in a good reception area & once you press the arrow, leave it alone for 15 mins or so. Do you have any sound at all from the radio ?(static-interference) Have you tried tuning the stations in again via auto tune? Let me know, cheers

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Phew! That fixed it, I'll drop by a nice bottle next time I'm passing through, cheers!

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm gonna tell you what your parents should have told you! STOP PLAYING WITH IT. Now if it is working leave it alone!!!!! Glad it's all good. You call yours "flagonwagon". I'm gonna call mine "shagonwagon"
Cheers

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
^^ I have the latest update and that doesn't happen on mine?

2010 to early 2011 version: system (D305)
latest version: system (D117)

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
2010 to early 2011 version: system (D305)
latest version: system (D112)

OK so do you suggest that I upgrade the firmware?
See I'm out of drivetrain warranty now, is there a way to get firmware update without paying too much?
I sorta need new IQ SatNav maps vers MY13.

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO NO NO....not on the IQ system. only update the nav if your maps are out of date, but I am sure it is about $300.00 for the SD card with the maps (from holden) which just slips into the side of the nav. NOTHING to do with the IQ at all, the nav is a seperate system to the IQ. I am not sure if there is an update for the nav or anything that would be beneficial to you. The navi SD is located at the bottom of the IQ cradle in a box separate to the IQ. If you take off the drivers side centre console kick panel you will see the SD card. If your IQ works properly, then DON'T update the software. I only posted that fyi. My case is now going to the CTTT tribunal to get it fixed properly. Cheers

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Hi guys, i am getting issues with mine aswell, holden updated it because i had freezing issues ect. Now the freezing is fixed, but now i have usb device error and radio sometimes wont work, the volume control doesnt work ect. What the hell is going on....
kB6Rw4il.jpg

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
dont want to hijack this thead but thought it be a good place to ask my question rather than start a new thread. I have just got my ve and must say im very dissapointed in the audio quality. There is ZERO bass. So seems amp and speakers are needed. Is it a better option to get the IQ unit modified for RCA`s...or go a unit like this Soundstream ICQ 4 4 Channel Integration Module With Aust Local Warranty | eBay