Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series one Bluetooth mic when upgrading head unit

recon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Hey guys sorry if this has been posted before but I can’t find it

have on the way a aerpro facia kit and a new pioneer head unit

the pioneer head unit has a mic supplied and a 3.5mm plug for its mic, i was wondering if i should take the genuine mic off the old bluetooth module and wireit up to a 3.5mm plug or am i better off fitting the new supplied mic with the head unit, seems the facia kit doesn’t take the mic into consideration.

anyone had the same conundrum when replacing the head unot?

https://aerpro.com/sites/default/files/manuals/fp9350-user-install-manual-10032023_compressed.pdf?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Use the mic supplied with the new HU that way you won't have any issues. Place it near the mirror on the outside edge of the headlining.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Use the supplied mic. It’s just easier. Get rid of any mount features so it’s just a round cylinder.

I use a p-clip with the mic snug in it and it tucks into the top of the a-pillar perfectly.

I’ll get a photo tomorrow.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This is what I have done. Small p-clip.
IMG_3377.jpeg

Reactions: Lex

recon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Thanks guys appreciate it

recon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Well a successful day is one when not too many clips is broken so I’m reasonably happy with how it all turned out

- put the mic on top of the A pilar

Don’t recommend the wireless charger aerpro awcgm1, doesn’t fit an iPhone pro max, and doesn’t want to charge my smaller iPhone 13 successfully either - I’ve reached out to aerpro support on this one

I think I’ll grab this one to see if I can improve the picture quality on the reverse camera, got a fair bit of interference in the picture

I’m a bit puzzled if there’s a better way I could have wired up the reverse camera - so got a quite generic reverse camera wiring question

I’ve followed this thread - after confirming the voltage worked with my multimeter on the 2nd green wire and the black
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...neer-dmh-z5350bt-pioneer-rcam2-camera.297174/

So it works perfectly, powers up and displays when in reverse gear. Almost happy enough with that - other than the interference I mentioned above that I want to try the filter for - Job done…

However before I had applied voltage to the camera from that location, (only getting voltage off the reverse lights in essence) putting the car in gear made the pioneer switch to the no signal reverse input, so it must be getting this signal from the harness in the aerpro. I assume this was the pink wire that had a connector from the main harness to the secondary harness pink wire to the pioneer

So I have no way to look at the camera out of gear using the head units camera function in the current wiring setup,(just says no signal unless I put in R) assuming if i put the power to the camera inline with the pink wire this would resolve that? Or do I need some sort of relay?

Or do I not need to power it off the reverse lights (that location in the link) at all? Just leave it powered on elsewhere all the time and let the aerpro trigger the pioneer like it seems to be able to do.

Finally - usb port on the aerpro facia seems ****. Just it’s little 20cm lead into the back of the pioneer and it doesn’t seem to work, need to make sure it didn’t fall out or anything, and maybe some other lightning cables, but didn’t get any love from it from a cable that works fine in other chargers

Anyway a few topics off my thread here, however generally happy to have wireless CarPlay in my SV6 I’ve owned for 16 years!

recon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
update
Power filter didn’t help with the interference, however I notice that’s it’s only there when the engine is running, and air con off or on made no difference. Has a nice clear pic with the ignition just on but not started.

I could try a ferrite on the camera cable at the boot, might give that a go

USB port on the facia - continuity on all four pins. Works with a simple charger, just doesn’t when plugged into the head unit. I’ve given up on it at this point I’ve run a usb cable from the head unit to the back of the Center console and zip tied and back to back taped it nice and neat just between the pocket on the back of the Center console and the floor

Wireless charger might be OK, just finicky like all nasty wireless chargers and not at all when the phone has less than 17% charge

recon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Fixed the camera interference by wiring the ground into the head unit ground and the positive into the facia kit purple reverse trigger wire -also inline into the head unit Reverse purple wire

No need to wire it to reverse lights behind glove box

Multimeter was reading 12v engine off /14v engine on behind the glove box on that green wire, on the purple trigger wire on the facia kit coming off the harness, clean 11.74v engine off or on…